Friday, November 9, 2012

Billi Pod Has A Hearing Aid Thingy Scare


Good afternoon all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

I am happy to report that it is a beautiful TGIF in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, with azure skies and 46ยบ @ noon. This means Billi Pod will be able to do a major walk and wander session this afternoon, all outdoors==>HOORAY!!

So ... let’s get this posting started with Billi Pod's report card on last night’s entertainment event ...

FIGARO, about a barber/servant who faces various obstacles en route to the altar==>B+

I found this show to be totally enjoyable. I had mixed feelings about it going in so I was pleasantly surprised with the overall quality of the production.

The cast is excellent, headed by Sean McNall as Figaro and Chris Nixon as Count Almaviva, Figaro’s boss and nemesis.

It is very funny and very well performed and staged. It is, of course, a farce. The audience was really into the show.

If you want something a bit different, it is well worth your time and travel to the newly refurbished West 42nd Street venue.

Billi Pod says==>See it!!

Oh, before the show began the Artistic Director of The Pearl Theatre Company, J. R. Sullivan, announced that they had signed a 20yr lease on this venue.

Had a VERY scary moment before the show started. Just after I found my seat my right ear hearing aid thingy informed me that the battery was about to die.

WTF!! Should I ignore it and depend on the left ear thingy, at least until intermission, or should I immediately change the battery? I opted to attempt to immediately change the battery.

Well, folks, that was an incredibly dumb decision because as I trying to insert the insanely small battery into the insanely small hearing aid thingy, the thingy slipped out of my hand and fell somewhere. OMFG!! This was the worst case scenario, to the nth degree, because people were filing into their seats and the show was about to start.

I got down on my hands and knees with the small flashlight on my key chain and started frantically searching for this small, mega-expensive thingy ... but ... I couldn’t find it. My heart was racing, not making make this up, it was racing.

Then, a young 20s guy seated next to me also got down on his hands and knees. He had a larger flashlight. Long story short, he found it. The thingy was on the floor under the seat in front of him.

I thanked him profusely, of course. The house lights dimmed and the show started. I held the thingy tightly in my hand until intermission. At intermission I went into the lobby and changed the battery while seated at a table.

What I had attempted to do is explicitly discussed in the user guide which strongly says==>don’t attempt to change the battery while in cramped quarters.

Trust me, I learned a valuable lesson.

Moving on ... 

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - “Kurt Masur conducts an All Brahms program: Double Concerto for Violin and Cello and Symphony No. 2.” (subscription series)

Masur is also conducting the orchestra next week in another All Brahms program, Symphonies No. 3 and No. 4. I have a ticket for that concert. I love Brahms.

I plan to head out to Lincoln Center at least an hour early and do some walking there and then after the concert, weather permitting, will walk back to the apartment.

The weekend has now been booked and I have doubleheaders for both Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately the GATOR/LOUISIANA game is not being carried locally.

This is my schedule ...

Saturday - 2:15==>A TWIST OF WATER;
8:00==>THE PERFORMERS (Broadway)

Sunday - 2:00==>MARCH MADNESS;
7:30==>5 LESBIANS EATING A QUICHE

Yeah, looks like a fun weekend doesn’t it?

BREAKING NEWS==>Yesterday Billi Pod reached the 700 mile marker on his 1,079 walking adventure/challenge. 

Yeah, that’s right, 700+ miles since July 1st, or an average of 5.36 miles per day. AWESOME!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.17 miles (or, 11,299 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>701.62

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>377.38

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: