Monday, November 5, 2012

WTF??==>Another Storm Heading Our Way? WTF??


I can’t believe this could be happening. The National Weather Service is forecasting that another tropical storm, a Nor’easter, is headed our way. WTF??

If it remains on course it should arrive in our area on Wednesday morning with winds up to 50mph and freezing rain. WTF??

Man, we gotta cross our collective fingers and hope and pray that it takes a more northerly course and remains way offshore.

On a positive side, the recovery process continues. The subways are almost back to full service in Manhattan and power has been restored.

This is not true in the outer boroughs where frustration is reaching the boiling point and this is certainly understandable. The main frustration is the lack of power and scarceness of gasoline.

Will keep you loyal and faithful readers and followers advised.

Moving on ...

Yesterday’s entertainment event, CONCERTANTE CHAMBER PLAYERS @ Merkin Hall, was totally enjoyable. 

I had an excellent comp. seat, center orchestra, 10 rows from the stage.

I got to the Lincoln Center area a bit early and had some walk and wander time before the concert and then afterwards, despite the cold, I walked back to PHC.

I have to comment that one of the things I hate about this time of year is the fact that with putting the clock one hour back on Saturday, it is almost totally dark at 5:00pm and that is a M A J O R bummer.

I had hoped that I would be able to meet up with My Lady Dian Crystal for an early bite but her schedule in preparing for her foot surgery didn’t permit it.

My thoughts go out to her for a successful procedure and a quick recovery. This morning she will have surgery on her right foot and then in a couple of months the same procedure for her left foot.

Today is Monday (I guess that most of you out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wilderness knew this), meaning that Billi Pod has a ton of things and stuff to do on this errands and chores day.

Tonight I am meeting up with John Scott Reed aka Fabson for some much needed face time and catching up. 

He will come over to PHC after work and we will get a bite someplace in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

Oh, have a interesting entertainment week pretty much all lined up. The only open date is Thursday and I am working on that.

BREAKING NEWS==>at 12:30pm the phone rang and it was Dian. The procedure went well and she is now home and the recovery process is underway. WHEW!!

I know, My Lady, that you will make a faster recovery than your Doc’s expected and that you will be back on your feet soon.

Hugs!!

OK, now it is time to post this and begin doing stuff ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.15 miles (or, 9,103 steps)

Mileage for week==>32.11 miles (avg. 4.59 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>682.92

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>396.08

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: