Wednesday, November 28, 2012

PETER AND THE STARCATCHER==>Still An A


Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, Billi Pod is happy to report that the snow and rain are gone and, Thank God, it is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. It is, however, cold==>35ยบ @ 8:30am.

Let’s get started this morning with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s second visit to PETER AND THE STARCATCHER, the retelling of how a miserable orphan came to be The Boy Who Never Grew Up.

As I posted yesterday, I saw this show in early previews back on April 1st and gave it an A. I have to say that I totally enjoyed seeing it for the second time and found it to be still worthy of an A. It is a lot of fun.

I saw the show with my theater buddy Marty Kosarik and our comp. seats were excellent, second row, center orchestra. Close, but not too close. We actually felt as if we were part of the show. We left the theater with big smiles on our faces.

We had a nice dinner at a restaurant in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood called Traffic, which is really an upscale sports bar. The food was acceptable and we each had plenty of leftovers to take back home.

Today is yet another entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod, both Broadway shows ... starting with ...

2:00==>GOLDEN BOY - “Charts the swift rise of a gifted twenty-one-year-old violinist, Joe Bonaparte, who is corrupted by fame and fortune when he chooses to become a professional boxer.” (Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is still in previews and the advance buzz is very very positive.

Then for the evening Billi Pod will make a return visit to ...

8:00==>THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD - “In this raucous staging of Charles Dickens’ last novel everyone on stage is a suspect in the murder of young Edwin Drood and the audience gets to choose the killer.” (Broadway - complimentary ticket)

I originally saw this show in previews back on October 31st and gave it a B+ report card. It received very favorable reviews when it opened and several of my theater buddies have reported that their second visit to the show was totally enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Hopefully my comp. seat won’t be in the upper rear nosebleed section as it was on my first visit.

Moving on ...

Yesterday I got an email from The New York Philharmonic advising me that they had just scheduled the following new concert event for January 29, 2013 ...

“SYMPHONIC SONDHEIM - Tony Award–winning star of theater, film, and television, Nathan Lane will host Symphonic Sondheim, the New York Philharmonic’s performance of symphonic suites by Pulitzer Prize, Tony Award, Academy Award, and Grammy Award–winning composer Stephen Sondheim. Experience the splendor of the New York Philharmonic playing symphonic suites of this legendary composer's greatest melodies from works such as Sunday in the Park with George, The Enclave, Pacific Overtures, Stavisky, Passion, and Sweeney Todd.”

OMFG!! I immediately went online and scored an excellent seat in the same area as my subscription series location. OMFG!!

Moving on some more ...

Even though yesterday was a majorly nasty day I was still able to log in was excellent mileage ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.64 miles (or, 9,459 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>806.80

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>272.20

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: