Thursday, July 19, 2012

Wednesday Was Not A Pleasant Day


Yesterday was a really nasty weather-day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

My entertainment event for the day was the final game of the YANKEES/TORONTO series at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. The first pitch was scheduled for 1:05pm.

When I got to The Bronx it was very hot and extremely humid with fast moving very ominous-looking clouds overhead. I was heavily sweating when I reached my seat, Section 228, row 18, seat 15, underneath an overhang, Thank God. I had a bottle of water with me that I had purchased from a vendor outside the stadium for $1.00. I do this for every game. The same bottle of water costs $4.50 in the stadium.

There was thunder and lightning. The start of the game was delayed but the ground crew did not put the tarp on the infield because it wasn’t raining.

There was a 51 minute delay and when the game was finally started it was reported to be 115º on the field. It was really unpleasant in the stadium for the entire game.

The Bronx Bombers scored 4 runs in the bottom of the first inning, aided by a 2-run homer from Mark Teixeira

That was all we needed because our starter, Hiroki Kuroda, was outstanding, with 0 runs, 4 hits and 5 strikeouts in 7 innings.

In the 6th inning it began to lightly rain and it became heavier and heavier until the game was delayed again in the top of the 8th inning and the tarp was put on the infield. We were winning 6-0.

I decided that I would wait out the delay but after about 45 minutes the game was called because it was still heavily raining. We won 6-0. Of course I hadn’t brought an umbrella so I was pretty wet when I finally got back to PHC around 6:00pm.

Billi Pod stayed in for the evening, watching baseball on the tube.

Tonight The Yankees begin a 7-game West Coast series - 4 vs. Oakland and then 3 vs. Seattle.

Tonight @ 10:05 EDT it will be Freddy Garcia (4-2) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. A. J. Griffin (1-0) for the Athletics.

It is rather dark and overcast this morning and it is much cooler==>74º @ 9:30am. Think I will do a “walk-and-wander” session in the early afternoon.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

6:45==>FINAL ANALYSIS - “In 1910 Vienna a strange young man with dangerous ideas clashes with the brilliant minds of the day - Freud, Stalin, Wittgenstein and Gustav Mahler. In a gesture of compassion Sigmund Freud almost destroys the world.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

Yes, 6:45pm is the correct starting time, which I find to be a bit weird.

In closing ...

A HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout-out to my niece DONNA PARKER, who lives in Englewood, CO, which is in the Denver area. 

Donna, shown here with her darling daughter Josie, is hanging tough after going though a very difficult time as a result of her deadbeat ex-husband being a 110% ASSHOLE!! 

LOVE TO YOU AND JOSIE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.67 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: