Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Great New York Philharmonic Concert


It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. At 10:00am it is 73º and the high is predicted to be only 84º - nice.

Last night’s entertainment event, NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - “Tchaikovsky Festival,” was wonderful, especially 33-year-old Macedonian pianist Simon Trpceski performing Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 2.

This particular piece is rarely performed because it is so difficult that even the most accomplished pianists choose to avoid it if possible. I had a great seat on the aisle in row T, house left, so I had a perfect sight line to witness the almost mind-boggling hand movements. It was incredible, it really was.

When the performance was over the audience gave Trpceski a well-deserved roaring standing ovation, a rarity at New York Philharmonic concerts.

The final number was the "1812 Overture" and it was outstanding.

When the concert was over the weather was really nice and balmy so Billi Pod decided to walk back to PHC. It felt sooooooooooooooo good!!.

What is on my agenda for today I know you loyal and faithful readers and followers are breathlessly awaiting? Well ...

This afternoon at 2:00==>a staged reading of HAROLD AND MAUDE - “The quintessential May-December romance begins when a death-obsessed teenager, Harold, meets Maude, 79, at a funeral.” (free ticket).

This is an “invitation-only” event at The York Theatre where the show had an earlier run as part of their “Musical’s In Mufti” series. I am assuming that this is being done for potential investors in preparation for an Off Broadway run. The reading will reunite the original cast. 

I really enjoyed this show when I saw it on April 14, 2012. It is a lot of fun.

Tonight will meet up with John Scott Reed aka Fabson for dinner and some much needed facetime.

At this point I am uncertain if we will catch a bite in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood or in his East Village ‘hood.

What about the All-Star Game at 8:00pm on Fox? Well, frankly, I could care less. These are usually very boring games. I might consider watching the last innings if I get back to PHC in time. If not ... so what ...

Oh ... are you surprised that Tom Kat and Katie Holmes reached a settlement that gives her primary physical custody of their daughter Suri? Well, honestly I am. I think there were too many dark secrets hiding in Tom Kat’s closet for him and/or his church to permit the case to be tried in public ... jus sayin ...

No word yet from customerservice@yankees.com


Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.53 miles.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: