Saturday, July 7, 2012

SHAME ON YOU YANKEE STADIUM BEER VENDORS


OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... this is the complete email that I sent this morning to customer service about the disgraceful and shameful conduct of the beer vendors at last night’s ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE concert @ Yankee Stadium.
******************
From: William Norris
Subject: Complaint - The Wall - Friday, July 6th
Date: July 7, 2012 @ 11:49:52 AM EDT
To: customerservice@yankees.com

To Whom It May Concern:

I have a major complaint about something that happened at the ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE concert at the stadium on Friday, July 6th.

My seat was Section 216, row 17, seat 20.

Once the concert started two vendors kept walking up and down the aisle shouting in loud voices: “Beer Here. Beer Here. Get Your Beer Here.” They would stop, blocking views while holding beer bottles in the air.

Several people, including me, asked them to be quiet but they kept on, giving those of us who dared to say anything angry stares and glares. In fact I heard one of them say to a young man who had just complained ... “oh go fuck-off”.

The whole scene was very annoying and very rude.

At intermission I found a Supervisor, whose name is Henry, and expressed my aggravation to him. He was very nice and polite and suggested that I put my complaint in writing to you.

He also said that he was surprised himself that the vendors were working the aisles once the concert started.

I was at the Paul McCartney concert last year and have no recollection of anything like this occurring once the concert started.

After intermission the two vendors were still going up and down the aisles but, thankfully, now they weren’t shouting.

But, they still blocked views (fortunately not mine) and caused annoyance when they dispensed their beers after shining a light into the crowd to check IDs and to make change.

How could management allow something like this to happen?

You need to know that this was a major PR gaffe for the stadium because the prevailing comments in my area were: “This is Yankee Stadium, what do you expect, they always put the dollar over the individual customer.”

I think I should also tell you that I am very familiar with the operations in the stadium because I am a 41-game season ticket holder and I have no major complaints about your operations.

I hope you will address this issue so that it doesn’t happen at future concerts.

I am also posting this email on my blog Billi Pod Blogs

http://www.wanorrisjr.blogspot.com/

William A. Norris, Jr.
****************
I will let you know what, if any, response I get.

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: