Friday, July 6, 2012

Last Night’s Cruise==>POOF!!


Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... let’s get right to it with my report on what was to have been last night’s entertainment event, the Thursday Night Party Cruise.

Long long story kinda short ... it just didn’t work out. What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking out there in the wastelands, hinterlands and boondocks? Get ready ... here are the details ...

I met up with my theater-buddy, Marty Kosarik (it had been his idea to go on the cruise in the first place) at 8:00pm in Chelsea at 23rd and 8th Avenue. We took the crosstown bus over to the FDR drive and walked to the East River and began looking for our departure pier. It was around 8:30.

Marty’s ticketing information said that the departure time was 9:30 and that we should arrive no later than one hour before departure. Interestingly, my research results showed that the departure time was 10:00. When we finally found the right spot no one, and I mean, no one was there. WTF?? No matter ... we found a bench and settled in and did a bunch of people watching, talking about a lot of things and stuff etc etc etc.

Over the next 90 minutes the other passengers began slowly arriving. It was at this point that Marty and I began to discuss the possibility that this might not be what we wanted to do.

As many of you know, Billi Pod does not drink. Neither does Marty.

Man, the clock had slowed down and that is putting it mildly. Finally at 9:45 the boarding process started so we walked to the front of the long line checking things out, including the crowd and what the cruise ship looked like and ...

We commented to each other that the vibe (or lack thereof) was kinda weird and ... tada ... we decided that this wasn’t what we wanted to do for the next 2 1/2 hours ... so ... we split. POOF!!

I guess I should add that we had deeply discounted tickets for the cruise, only $10.00 each, so it wasn’t a big deal money-wise.

Through a combination of bus and subway I was back in PHC at around 10:30 and in my heart-of-hearts I knew that Marty and I made the right decision. Case closed.

OK ... now ... moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event will be super ...

8:45==>ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE, at sold-out Yankee Stadium. I saw him do the same show at Madison Square Garden in October 2010 and absolutely 110% loved it. 

It just so happens that Marty Kosarik will be going with me to this stellar event and I am confident that it will more than make up for yesterday’s bomb.

Tonight @ 7:00pm the Yankees begin the first of a 4-game series against the repugnant Boston FuckSox in that cesspool known as Fenway Park. Hiroki Kuroda (8-7) will be on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Josh Beckett (4-7) for the FuckSox.

As I posted yesterday, on Saturday there will be a day/night doubleheader with the first game at 12:30pm and the second at 7:00pm.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I need to reveal to you loyal and faithful readers and followers, in advance, that unless something extraordinarily awesome shows up on one of my ticket services it is Billi Pod’s present intent to stay in the cool and comfortable confines of PHC to watch BOTH games.

Yes, I am giving you advanced notice so you can just calm down and chill between now and then ... this is what is gonna happen ... so ... before you become too judgemental and start composing those flames and negative posts/texts you need to understand that Billi Pod will miss game 1 tonight due to the the Roger Waters concert and he has something already scheduled for Sunday night in the game 4 timeslot ... so ... just chill ...

Oh ... will post the entertainment stats for June 2012 later this afternoon.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.45 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”





1 comment:

Marty said...

Whether we actually made it onto the water or not...I had a great evening before, during (and after). See you in The Bronx tonight!