Saturday, July 7, 2012

THE WALL LIVE==>BEST EVER!!


I hope all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers are having a great weekend because Billi Pod certainly is.

As many of you know, I have been a diehard Pink Floyd fan for most of my adult life (much to the chagrin of many of my older judicial colleagues, I might add) and I have seen the original Pink Floyd in concert at least 5 times, maybe more.

I had never seen The Wall performed live, however, I have the DVD of the movie, and, of course, several The Wall CDs issued by Pink Floyd.

Then on October 5, 2010, Roger Waters performed THE WALL LIVE @ Madison Square Garden and I was there and later reported that it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and that the concert was AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, I have to tell you that last night’s concert, ROGER WATERS: THE WALL LIVE @ Yankee Stadium was my VERY BEST live concert==>EVER!! OMFG!!

I was at the concert with my theater-buddy Marty Kosarik and our seats were excellent. This was Marty’s first visit to Yankee Stadium.

The concert was sold-out. It began around 9:00pm and was over around 11:15, with an intermission. Waters, at age 68, has a mesmerizing on-stage charisma and he was backed by a band that remained true to the Pink Floyd sound.

Terrific projections, 3-D effects, huge inflatable puppets and, of course, The Wall, helped explore the themes of fascism, conformity, alienation and death.

It is difficult to explain the vastness of the set and the complexity of the projections. The sound quality was also excellent.

When The Wall came tumbling down, ending the concert, I felt emotionally drained and so did Marty. I am not being overly dramatic, just trying to convey to you loyal and faithful readers how I/we felt, and, frankly, how I still feel.

Yes, I do indeed feel blessed that I had this opportunity in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Now, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I do have to share with you that there was a major distraction during the concert and that was the presence of beer vendors who went up and down the aisles audibly hawking their product despite requests to shut the f**k up. I was pissed and talked with a supervisor about it at intermission.

I won’t go into any more details in this posting but this morning I sent an email to customer service and it will be the subject of a separate posting, I think.

Moving on ...

 As an extra bonus, The Yankees beat the pathetic F**kSox 10-8 in that cesspool known as Fenway Park. Mark Teixeira's 2-run triple in the 7th inning was the winning blow.

Yes ... Friday was indeed AWESOME!

As anticipated, I will be a couch-potato today and stay in the cool and comfortable confines of PHC to watch both games of the YANKEE/F**KSOX day/night doubleheader at fetid Fenway Park.

The first game starts at 12:30pm with Freddy Garcia (2-2) on the mound for The Bronx Bombers vs. Franklin Morales (1-1) for the F**kSox

Game two starts at 7:00pm with Phil Hughes (9-6) for The Yanks vs. Felix Doubront  8-4) for the F**kSox.

I might try to catch a movie between games. We will see.

OK, need to post this and settle in for some Yankee baseball.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.37 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: