Monday, July 30, 2012

THE BEST MAN==>A


I hope all of you loyal and faithful readers and followers had a great weekend out there in the wastelands, hinterlands and boondocks.

This is Monday and it is, of course, Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day so let’s get right to the important things, like his report card on yesterday’s entertainment event ...

GORE VIDAL’S THE BEST MAN, the play about power, ambition, political secrets, ruthlessness and the race for the presidency, set at a national convention==>A.

The all-star cast, headed by James Earl Jones, John Larroquette, Cybill Shepherd and John Stamos, delivered in all aspects and this made the three-act 2 hour and 40 minute running time fly by. 

It is set in 1960, which made the casting of James Earl Jones as a former President a bit difficult to accept at first, but his phenomenal acting skills quickly put this issue to rest.

My discounted TDF ticket wasn’t the best in the world. It was in the orchestra, row C, seat 13, which is extreme house left and I considered moving upstairs to the mezzanine where there were some empty seats. I didn’t and I am glad I didn’t because I was able to really focus in on the individual actors etc. etc.

When the show was over I felt as if I had been a part of the action. I am soooooooooo glad that I finally got the opportunity to see this outstanding theatrical event.

It was almost 6:00pm when I left the theater. I then headed up to the Upper Westside to be with some of my AA buddies (you know who you are) for some pizza and wings before the 8:05 YANKEES/BOSTON FUCKSOX game carried on ESPN.

Man, what was supposed to be a fun evening quickly turned painful as the F**kSox jumped off to a quick 2-0 lead. Hiroki Kuroda pitched a decent game over 8 innings but our bats were dead until the 7th inning.

At the end of regulation the game was tied 2-2 and we all thought The Yankees would win in the bottom of the 10th. Wrong. The F**kSox scored a run in the top of the 10th and then we went poof in the bottom of the inning, to lose 3-2.

My buddy “X,” who is a diehard F**kSox fan, gave us tons of grief during the entire game. It was very painful. It was 12:30am when I finally got back to PHC.

Today, being a Monday, it will be Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day and then for tonight his entertainment event is ... tada ...

7:05==>YANKEES/BALTIMORE @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, for game 1 of a 3-game series. 

The Orioles, under Buck Showalter, are in 2nd place in the AL East. Who would have thunk it?

It will be Freddy Garcia (4-4) on the mound for The Yankees vs. Miguel Gonzalez (2-2) for the Orioles.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, Billi Pod has to begin his errands and stuff day ... so ...

I will close by sharing this gem with you loyal and faithful readers and followers ...












Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.50 miles

Mileage for past 7 days==>24.04 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: