Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tuesday Was A Blah Day


HAPPY 4th OF JULY to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

In the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to report that yesterday was a majorly BLAH day for him in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks? Well ... it went down like this ...

As you know, Monday is my usual errands and stuff day, but for whatever reason (or maybe for no reason at all) on Monday sloth took over and most of the things I needed to do just didn’t get done. So ... Tuesday became my errands and stuff day ... and ...

It seemed like everything that I needed to do took twice as long as usual and everything had some quirky blip, the details of which I won’t bore you with. I did, finally, get everything done that needed to be done.

So, at 6:45 I walked over to the Regal E-Walk Theater on 42nd Street to get my ticket for the 7:30 show of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN, in 3D. Well ... when I got there it was absolutely chaotic outside and inside the theater. And ... dammit ... not only was the 7:30 show sold-out but so were the 8:30 and 9:30 shows. Dammit!! The non-3D show times were also sold-out. Dammit!!

During the afternoon, while doing my errands and stuff, the thought had occurred to me that this might happen and I thought about getting my ticket online through Fandango, but, obviously, I didn’t.

So, Billi Pod, in a pissed-off-mood, came back to PHC and settled in to watch game 2 of the YANKEES/RAYS series at that disgrace known as Tropicana Field. Wow, two consecutive nights of being in front of the tube. When was the last time that happened?

Well ... as you loyal and faithful readers know ... The Wankies basically sucked and we lost the game 7-4 for our 9th consecutive loss at that disgrace known as Tropicana Field.

As the game wore on and the Wankies committed error after error, failed to get crucial hits and A-Rod continued his season-long woeful performance, the thought did occur to Billi Pod that he had had better days. The thought also occurred to him that he might have pissed off the Gods on High ... anyway ...

Hopefully this afternoon at the 3:00 game the Wankies will break out of their funk and avoid the sweep, but ... frankly ... the odds are against us since David Phelps (1-3) will be facing the Ray’s ace David Price (11-4).

Thankfully ... Billi Pod WILL NOT be in front of the tube for this one because he has an entertainment event scheduled for the afternoon ...

3:00==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall, with the West Point Band, performing works by Gershwin and Bernstein. (discounted TDF ticket).

I saw this combination perform last July 4th and it was really a lot of fun and I am really looking for to it.

After the concert I will walk back to PHC, weather permitting.

Then for the evening at 9:00 is the MACY'S FIREWORKS SHOW. I will walk over to the Hudson River to be with thousands of my closest friends for this spectacular event.

So==>HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.71 miles

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: