Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday - Billi Pod Vents and Also Reports ...

OK, right up front I have to say that Billi Pod is in a nasty mood ... the reason(s) will be in the bottom of this posting, so please stay with me until then ... OK? But, first ...


I hope that everyone out there in cyberspace is having a great weekend. I have to admit that here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, it was a very cold start for the weekend==>29ยบ @ 7:00am. Burrrrr!!


Next ... let’s get right to Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s entertainment event ...


THIRDS, about three sisters who inherit their mother's home and are fighting over what to do with it==>B<==decent acting but at 1 hour and 40 minutes, with intermission, the sibling bickering finally gets tiresome.


I really wanted to like this show a lot more but I never got into the characters who were very stereotypical siblings who alternated between loving one another and hating one another. And, of course, lots of screaming and very foul-mouthed cussing.


Fellas ... no way is this a “guy” show, in fact, the audience last night was about 85% female.


Is it worth seeing, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Yes ... with a steeply discounted ticket.

Next ... Billi Pod’s entertainment event for the evening is yet another awesome classical music concert ...


8:00==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - “The Modern Beethoven Festival: Beethoven - Symphony No. 8; Barber - Cello Concerto; and, Beethoven - Symphony No. 4.” (subscription series).


This is the second of the Festival concerts and I really enjoyed the first, which I saw on Tuesday. Looking forward to tonight.

Next ... my predictions about Peyton Manning and The New York Jets came about much quicker than even I anticipated. Yesterday The Jets signed their quarterback Mark Sanchez to a new five year contract that could be worth as much as $68.5 million.


The local headlines are ...


“PEY OFF! Out of Manning hunt, Jets give Sanchez extension.” NY Post


“Jets pull out of Peyton sweepstakes, give Sanchez 3-year extension and say ... HE’S OUR MANN.” Daily News


“With Extension for Sanchez, Jets Give Up on Manning.” NY Times


It is reported that Manning met Friday night for 6 hours with The Denver Broncos and John Elway, who has never seemed sold on Timmy Tebow. Billi Pod still thinks Manning will end up in Miami with the Dolphins, where he has a condo in South Beach.


We will just have to see how things work out, won't we ...


Now ... speaking of things not working out ... this is why I am in a nasty mood and need to vent ...


For those of you loyal and faithful readers who are covered by prescription drug plans ... can there be anything more annoying and/or frustrating than having your coverage switched to another provider? I think not.


Those of you who are State of Florida retirees like moi know what I am talking about.


First ... I never received the so-called “informational packet” with my new benefits card. Second ... I live out-of-state ... and ...


Third ... yesterday, when I went to the Duane Reade pharmacy in the ‘hood, that I have used for the past 3 years, to get 2 new prescriptions filled ... I was declined. WTF!!


After multiple phone calls, by me and the really nice pharmacist, and seemingly endless hours on “hold” I/we finally learned that Duane Reade had not renewed its contract with the new provider, Medco. How the f**k was I to know this?


Problem was enhanced, of course, because I didn’t have my card in hand. So ...


This morning ... more phone calls and ... finally ... around noon ... I was able to get the prescriptions filled at a CVS Pharmacy in my ‘hood.


You know the scary thing ... the total cost of the two meds, without insurance coverage, would have been $179.00. I only had to pay $14.00, when everything was finally approved.


Well ... I have vented ... but ... Billi Pod is still in a bad mood over the whole issue and ... all he can say to the “system” is ...











GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-200

No comments: