Sunday, March 11, 2012

Billi Pod Has A Classical Music Doubleheader

Good morning everyone.


I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers that Billi Pod is no longer in a funk or in a bad mood because last night’s entertainment event put him back to where he belonged ...


Yes ... last night’s NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall concert featuring Beethoven’s 4th and 8th Symphonies was absolutely wonderful. Sublime.


Between the two Beethoven symphonies was an outstanding performance by cellist (yes, that is correct ... it is cellist, not celloist ... look it up, I did) Alisa Weilerstein performing Barber’s Cello Concerto. She received a roaring ovation from the audience.


The house appeared to be sold out and there were a lot of young people in attendance, something I always like to see at classical music events.


I left the concert with a smile on my face and all was well in Billi Pod’s World in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


It is a beautiful day, bright but still cold==>39ยบ @ 7:30am.


I have another doubleheader scheduled for today, this time all classical music ... starting with ...

3:00==>DRESDEN PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall. “The program is: Weber - Overture to Der Freischtz; Dvorak - Cello Concerto; and, Beethoven - Symphony No. 5.” (discounted TDF ticket)


While this is not officially part of the New York Philharmonic’s Modern Beethoven Festival it does provide one of the Beethoven Symphonies that the Festival omitted. They elected not to perform 5, 6, or 9.


I anticipate the concert will be over around 5:00 and that will present a bit of dilemma for me, because I will have about 3 1/2 hours until my next event, at Carnegia Hall. Do I come back to PHC, do I just walk and wander, or do I, maybe, try to catch a movie?


We will just have to wait and see how things work out ... anyway .. the next concert will be ...

8:30==>MASTERWORKS FESTIVAL CHORUS AND NYC CHAMBER ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall. “The program will include works by John Rutter, Haydn, George Shearing and others.” (complimentary ticket).


As usual with comp. ticket performances at Carnegie Hall I have no clue where my seat will be. Actually, that is kinda part of the adventure.


I think I will close this out and finish reading the 3 daily papers.


Oh, I have an awesome event scheduled for Tuesday which I will tell you about tomorrow, and, hopefully, I will also post the entertainment stats for the month of February either tonight or tomorrow==>they are awesome.


Now, my loyal and faithful readers ... something for you to ponder ...










Think about it ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-201

No comments: