As you loyal and faithful readers out there in the wasteland known as cyberspace know ... Monday is Billi Pod’s errands and stuff day.
I am happy to report that at 2:30pm on this brisk, windy and kinda cold day in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, all of the tasks have been accomplished.
I won’t bore you with too many details, although I know most of you would be more than interested to have insight into Billi Pod’s personal world ... OK ... so ... today included two trips to the neighborhood Food Emporium. Two trips because I needed to restock my emergency supply of Fresca and paper towels.
But the major accomplishment today was finally having the guts to attempt to transfer all of my med ‘scripts from my old provider, Caremark, to the new provider, Medco, and then to setup Medco’s mail-delivery program.
In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I have to confess that my soul was filled with dread and foreboding when I dialed the 877 customer-service number. I was concerned because several of the ‘scripts had no remaining refills.
Well ... it couldn’t have gone better ... yep ... with the help of a very very pleasant representative I got everything setup in less than 10 minutes. They will contact the Dr. directly for refill authorization.
WHEW AND DOUBLE-WHEW!!
Folks ... I have always been a procrastinator and as I have gotten older it has gotten worse. Basically ... if I anticipate any problems/difficulties (real or imagined) I put “it” off until the very last minute, thereby doubly increasing my anxiety level(s).
This is why the past week has been so special for Billi Pod “personal-wise.”
What am I talking about (and maybe why?) ... well ... in the past week I did the following “extra” stuff ...
1. Made my annual finger-up-the-butt appointment with my old physician, Erik Goluboff, even though he is now with a new medical group, which required transferring data and tons and tons of paperwork and documentation.
2. Made an appointment with my dermotologist to address a rather nasty rash on my inner thigh that won’t go away. (It is now much better and under control).
3. Replaced my soon-to-expire Senior Discount Metrocard. For whatever reason they had not mailed me the new card. Had to go way downtown to the Metrocard Service Center to apply for and then receive a new card. Took 2 1/2 hours roundtrip.
4. Got a new 4S iPhone, got it setup, including transferring stuff from the old phone.
5. Renewed my New York Philharmonic Series.
6. Celebrated my 22nd AA Birthday.
7. As reported above ... set up new account with Medco and transferred all ‘scripts etc.
8. Had dinner and facetime with John Scott Reed. His “people” are becoming more and more difficult to deal with.
Plus, during this timeframe Billi Pod also attended 9 entertainment events.
OK ... OK ... I know ... I know ... boring ... but ... hey ... it’s my blog ... and I wanted to write about it ... so ... moving on to ...
Yesterday’s entertainment doubleheader was excellent ... beginning with ...
MAGIC/BIRD, the Broadway show about the relationship between Larry Bird and Earvin ‘Magic’ Johnson==>B+
I liked this show much more than I had expected. It is written and directed by the same creative team that brought us LOMBARDI last season. The entire cast is excellent.
Billi Pod is not a major basketball fan, college or pro, so he found this work to be very informative and interesting. It is definitely worth seeing.
Then for the evening was ...
NATIONAL FESTIVAL CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall==>A
The multiple choruses and orchestras were excellent. Totally enjoyable. My seat was outstanding, in the first tier, in a center box. Couldn’t have been better. The face value of the ticket, for which I paid $9.00, was $110.00.
The concert over at 10:45pm and Billi Pod left Carnegie Hall with a happy smile on his face.
Yep ... a good Broadway show followed by an excellent classical music concert for a total out-of-pocket expense of $13.50. How can you beat that? Answer: I don’t think you can, anywhere in the World.
Tonight’s entertainment event is something a bit different ...
8:00==>ELECTILE DYSFUNCTION: Laughing Liberally - “A comedy extravaganza which mixes humor, musical numbers, video, and political satire, to spread understanding of liberal ideas and advance progressive values.” ($9.00 TDF ticket)
Yeah, this sounds interesting, doesn’t it.
GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”