Saturday, March 24, 2012

GO GATORS & Billi Pod’s Entertainment Doubleheader

Good morning to all of my friends out there in cyberspace.


I want to start this posting off with a huge shout-out to Billy Donovan and my Florida Gators for advancing to The Elite Eight in the NCAA Basketball Tournament.


The Gators will play #4 seeded Louisville at 4:30pm on CBS. The winner will then advance to The Final Four.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s THE CAPITOL STEPS @ Town Hall==>A<==all present, and immediate past, political figures were in the crosshairs of this highly talented troupe. To say that they were all skewered is to put it mildly.


It was well-performed, funny, profane, risqué, laugh producing and totally 110% enjoyable.


So glad I was able to score a ticket. The house was virtually soldout. My seat was in the middle of the balcony, but not a problem since I had gotten a hearing device before the show started.


I left the theater with a huge smile on my face. It was just what Billi Pod wanted/needed.


Today is yet another Saturday entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod, starting with ...


3:00==>CABARET @ Symphony Space - “Kander and Ebb's groundbreaking 1966 musical, explores the seductive and menacing final days of the Weimar Republic by following the lives of a diverse group of figures, whose relationships grow and shatter as Germany hurtles towards catastrophe.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket).


I have liked this show from the time I saw the original production with Joel Grey as the Emcee way way back when.


Then ... for the evening is ...


7:00==>THE LOWER DEPTHS - “A contemporary reworking of Maxim Gorky's masterpiece. Set against a backdrop of 1930s depression-era America, a stranger arrives in the midst of a ragged bunch of outcasts, spinning tales of hope and redemption. But his 'beautiful lies' soon begin to expose some dark and painful truths.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket).


This is playing in a theater in the East Village. I will not come back to PHC between shows, and, I will be attending as a part of Dian Crystal’s posse. I have a kinda uneasy feeling in my gut about this show. I hope I am wrong.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-214

No comments: