Wednesday, November 30, 2011

OK, What About Tonight?

Well, now that I have spent so much time preparing my Yankee venting posting I don’t have much time, energy or desire to post anything else, but I know that I have an obligation to you loyal and faithful readers out there in the vast hinterlands and in the wasteland known as cyberspace.


Yes, I know and recognize that I have a responsibility to keep you apprised of Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, on a timely basis ... so ... here it is


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...


8:00==>DERBY DAY - “It's Derby Day and the Ballard brothers have a luxury box at the Oaklawn Racetrack in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Their father has just died, and Frank, the oldest, has flown down from Chicago to see the angry newlywed Ned and the ex-con Johnny. Over the course of one long day the Ballard boys destroy everything and everyone in their way – drinking, cursing, and revealing family secrets that might just tear them apart forever.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


Oh, yes, yet another “dark” comedy about a mega-dysfunctional family ... just what Billi Pod needs. I mean ... he hasn’t seen one in almost a week. Thankfully, it is playing at a theater on his block.


Last night’s reading of DO THE HUSTLE, about a father/young-son con team, was interesting although I think I enjoyed the pre-and-post show banter with Dian, Vera and Marty more than the show itself.

Speaking of Marty Kosarik==>Billi Pod wants to welcome him into the world of blog-mania inhabited by the teeming hordes of Billi Pod’s loyal and faithful readers and page-viewers.


Yes, Marty, as you requested==>your world will now and forevermore be changed, beyond your wildest dreams. You are welcome! Remember, you asked for it.


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-98

No comments: