Thursday, November 10, 2011

Kinda Strange Day So Far ....

Ever had one of those days when things just don’t go completely right?


You know what I mean ... one of those days when things aren’t 100% wrong but one of those days where things keep getting stranger and stranger as the day wears on. What am I talking about? Well ... here’s what I mean ...


The morning in The Big Apple was really strange looking ... hazy and foggy ... but also very bright. The temperature was OK ... but it was just ... very very strange looking. It has cleared up a bit as I write this posting around 2:00pm.


I finally got around to contacting my trusty and highly professional travel agent, Blanche Bryant, to make my plans for my sojourn down to Columbia, SC, to spend Christmas with family. I knew that the fares were going to be high, but ...


OMFG!! ... the airlines have stuck it to us holiday travelers yet again with fewer flights and higher fares and the frustrating thing is ... ain’t nothing we can do about it, is there?


Then ... after getting off the phone with Blanche I began writing this post and was about 90% finished when I decided to go online and check the offerings on my various ticket services. As I was bouncing around between various websites I accidentally deleted the draft of my blog posting ... damn ... and double damn ...


So, I had to start all over again ... and this is it ...


Don’t know what else is down the line because Billi Pod really feels kinda out-of-sync.


Anyway ...

Billi Pod really enjoyed last night’s ALL-AMERICAN, especially the young guy playing the nerd/geek/outcast twin brother.


It is yet another show about a highly dysfunctional family, but, happily, each member ultimately reveals some indications of redeeming qualities.


I have to say that the young actress portraying the starting quarterback on the best high school football team in California was way too fragile looking to be believable. Not a major problem ... jus sayin’


The show clocks in at 90 minutes, without intermission, but I had no problem remaining focused.


Billi Pod’s report card==>B+<==definitely a “see-this” show.


Tonight's entertainment event is ...


8:00==>LOBBY HERO - “Drama, comedy and romance collide in the lobby of a Manhattan high-rise apartment building when a hapless security guard gets caught in a power struggle between his boss and two police officers investigating a murder.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)


The play is written by Kenneth Lonergan and I like his work. I saw the original production several years ago and really enjoyed it. I had several other options for tonight, of course, but this show won out.


My theater-nut buddy, Dian Crystal, has given the show a thumbs-up ... so ...


We shall see ... moving on ... with ...


AWESOME!! Billi Pod’s entertainment schedule for the next 13 days has only one open date. Yes, I have already booked almost everything. I will post the details now for the edification of you loyal and faithful readers out there in the hinterlands ...


Thursday (Nov. 10) - 8:00==>LOBBY HERO (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)


Friday - 9:00==>QUEEN OF THE MIST (Off Broadway - discounted ticket)


Saturday - noon==>GATORS/SO. CAROLINA (CBS)


8:00==>CHILDREN (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


Sunday - 2:00==>NEW ENGLAND SYMPHONIC ENSEMBLE AND CHORUS @ Carnegie Hall (complimentary ticket)


Monday - 8:00==>LYSISTRATA JONES (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


Tuesday - 7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall (subscription series)


Wednesday - 8:00==>BONNY & CLYDE (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


Thursday - 8:00==>THE ABSENCE OF MEMORY (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


Friday - gasp ... open at the moment


Saturday - 2:00==>THE AGONY AND THE ECSTACY OF STEVE JOBS (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


Sunday - 3:00==>TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)


Monday - 7:30==>IRON CURTAIN (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


Tuesday (Nov. 22) - 7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall (subscription series)

Yep ... this is why I love living in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-78

No comments: