Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sooooo Sorry About The Spam!!

Soooooooo sorry about the spam emails everyone is getting from my AOL account.


Thought I had the problem solved and then this morning was another batch. AOL and I are now working on it and hopefully all soon will be taken care of and Billi Pod’s cyberspace world will be back to normal.


Actually, not sure that the use of the word “normal” can ever apply to Billi Pod, but you loyal and faithful readers know and understand what I mean ... I hope ...


It has been very very frustrating and it is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me.


Anyway ... now on to more productive and interesting things like ...

Last night’s benefit show, TWENTY ONE SONG SALUTE, was very very bland and that is giving it the benefit of the doubt.


Neither Tom Wopat nor Debra Monk performed and that was a downer. No reason was given.


My comp. seat was in the upper section of the venue but it wasn’t too bad. The evening was saved because I was seated next to my friend Michael Pederson and that was nice because it gave us time to do some catching up on things and stuff.


Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


8:00==>SEMINAR - “Four aspiring, young novelists sign up for private writing classes with Leonard (Alan Rickman), an international literary figure. They came for a class in writing and got a lesson in survival.” (Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


All of my theater friends who have seen this show, still in previews, have liked it. It was originally on my schedule for the time I ended up down in Florida. John Scott Reed used my ticket.


Well, the reviews for GODSPELL are now in and the majority have been negative, but most of the negative reviews have a caveat that the show may still be a hit, especially with younger theatergoers.


Almost all were either negative or neutral on Hunter Parrish in the role of Jesus and, frankly, I think in that regard they were basically unfair and/or biased. When I saw the show I thought he did a fine job and the roaring audience seemed to agree.


Billi Pod predicts that the show will have a decent run, nit-picking critics be damned!!


Now on to other stuff ... like ...


Billi Pod has made a promise with himself about tomorrow. What is it, you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well ... here it is in its entirety ...

“Self ... you are going to see MONEYBALL while it is still playing in Manhattan theaters. The number of show times at the neighborhood house is now down to 3, so get at it.”


So, despite what might come up on my ticket services etc tomorrow==>Billi Pod will see MONEYBALL. It Is So Ordered!!


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-76


No comments: