Saturday, November 26, 2011

Billi Pod Liked THE BLUE FLOWER

I want to start this posting with my thoughts on last night’s THE BLUE FLOWER.


First of all, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I went into the evening with a lot of negative thoughts whirling around in my head as a result of the barrage of neigh-sayers on the various chat boards and some of the less-than-flattering reviews.


Well, folks, I was virtually transfixed from the opening moments of the show, which combines music, words, art and video into a fascinating historic collage. The show never stops moving.


The cast is stellar, led by the stage veteran Marc Kudisch.


When the show was over the audience gave a standing ovation to the cast and orchestra.


Simply put - it was a very enjoyable evening.


Billi Pod’s report card==>B+


Well, I hope that everyone out there in the hinterlands survived Black Friday.


Billi Pod has a very remarkable day scheduled ...

2:00==>AN EVENING WITH PATTI LUPONE AND MANDY PATINKIN - “Two legendary Broadway performers in a once-in-a-lifetime theatrical event that is told entirely through some of the greatest songs ever written for the stage.” (Broadway - complimentary ticket)


I can’t believe I was able to score a comp. ticket for this Broadway show that has gotten excellent reviews. Oh, I know that the seat will probably be in the rear mezzanine, but so what ... the idea is that Billi Pod will be there for free.


Then for this evening ...


At 6:00pm I will meet up with my actor friend David Huddleston and his wife Sarah Koeppe for dinner at Sardi’s, the legendary theater district restaurant.


As a reminder to you loyal and faithful readers - years ago (1996) I sublet David’s apartment on E. 49th Street and we later became friends.


David’s long film, TV and stage career includes: The Mayor in Blazing Saddles: the Big Lebowski in The Big Lebowski; Santa Claus in Santa Claus: The Movie; Grandpa in The Wonder Years; and Ben Franklin in 1776, on Broadway.


They are in town for the 40th anniversary of The Homecoming, a tv film that became the pilot for The Waltons.

After dinner I will race back to 420 W. 42nd Street to catch the 2nd quarter of the GATORS/HALF ASS U game at The Swamp, on ESPN2.


Please, oh please, Coach Muskrat ... don’t embarrass us again on national TV - please!!


Man, after a shaky start the LSU Tigers (Billi Pod hates Tigers) came roaring back and kicked Razorback butts big time.


Billi Pod predicts that next week they will do the same thing to The Bulldogs in the SEC Championship game to insure their berth in the BCS Championship Game against ... ??? ... who knows ... ??? ... probably ‘Bama.


OK, my loyal and faithful readers I got a few things to do, so ...


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-94

No comments: