Thursday, November 17, 2011

Billi Pod’s Entertainment Doubleheader Was Terrific


Good morning everyone out there in cyberspace.


Wednesday’s entertainment doubleheader was terrific even though the weather sucked. It lightly rained all day and into the evening. It was majorly nasty.


Thankfully, it isn’t raining this morning but it has gotten much colder. It was in the low 40s at 8:00am.


Oh, I know what you loyal and faithful readers are thinking ... of course ... what should I expect ... right? ... I mean, it is the middle of November in the Northeast ... and ... whatever ...


Anyway ... let’s get to something more positive ... like Billi Pod’s report cards on his entertainment doubleheader ...


FRAGMENTS, the 5 Samuel Beckett short plays==>A<== the acting in this 1 hour show is awesome and I can certainly understand why it has received very favorable reviews.


This being Beckett, you are sometimes left wondering ... WTF was that all about? What did I miss? Why ain’t I smart enough to understand?


That said ... I am glad that Billi Pod decided to see it. It runs through December 4th and is definitely worth seeing.


And then last night ...


BONNIE AND CLYDE==>A<==loved it!! Laura Osnes and Jeremy Jordon are spot-on as the sexy lawbreakers.


Even though you know what is going to happen at the end, the character development and motivations keep you focused ... at least it did for Billi Pod.


The show is still in previews so it will only get better.


As I was leaving the theater I ran into my FaceBook friend John McDaniel, who is in charge of the shows “Musical Supervision/Arrangements/Orchestrations” (not sure what all this means). I told him how much I liked the show and he seemed to be appreciative of my comments.


So ... John and co-producer (via Broadway Consortium, LLC ) Kenny Howard ... may the show live long and prosper.


Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


8:00==>THE ATMOSPHERE OF MEMORY - “Jon Stone has recently found the courage to write his masterpiece: a play about his upbringing. But when his actual mother is cast to play his mother on stage and his estranged father remembers the family history differently, Jon is forced to rewrite, not only his play, but his past as well.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


The incomparable theater icon Ellen Burstyn heads the cast.


I am seeing this show basically on the recommendation of John Scott Reed. It has received very mixed reviews and it closes this weekend.


So, my loyal and faithful readers out there in the hinterlands ... let me close with ...


The JETS/BRONCOS game is tonight at 8:15pm. Unfortunately, Billi Pod has an entertainment event that conflicts with the game.


Without a doubt I am pulling for Timmy Tebow to kick some butt!!


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-85

No comments: