Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Billi Pod Loved LYSISTRATA JONES

First ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod has to share with you loyal and faithful readers that he had one of those OMFG!! moments before his show last night. What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, this is it ...


I was at my theater on 48th Street, between 8th and Broadway, a few minutes before 7:30. I presented my TDF ticket confirmation email to the box office guy and ... gasp ... he couldn’t find my ticket ... he looked and looked. WTF?


Then he looked again at the confirmation email and said ... “Sir, your ticket was mailed to you ... as it says in this email, we can’t give you a replacement ticket.” OMFG!!


He was, of course, right. The ticket was back at PHC @ 420 W. 42nd Street. 99.5% of the TDF tickets are picked up at the box office, but not this one. OMFG!!


It was 7:35. Could I make it back to PHC, take the elevator up 41 floors, find the ticket, take the elevator down 41 flights and make it back to 48th and Broadway in time to make the 8:00 curtain?


I had to give it a shot, course, so off I went. The sidewalks were crowded. 10 minutes later I was in PHC. Got the ticket and headed back out. The sidewalks were even more crowded ... get the f**k out of my way people.


Was back at the theater at 7:55, sweaty and out of breath ... but ... Billi Pod had done it ... OMFG!!


Had just enough time to get the usual hearing device (which I didn’t need) and find my excellent orchestra seat, row R, seat 12. Whew ... all was well again in Billi Pod’s world, even though he felt like a majorly dumb asshole ... anyway ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s preview performance of the new Broadway musical LYSISTRATA JONES==>A.


The show, about a losing basketball team and one-girl’s attempt to procure a win, at-all-costs, was a lot of fun. The cast is excellent led by Patti Murin as Lysistrata and Liz Mikel as Hetaira.


I thought that the staging and choreography was outstanding and the youngish audience was really into the show.


I know that there has been some nasty postings on some of the Broadway chat boards about whether the show should have transferred from Off Broadway to Broadway ... but ... so what ... because ... folks ... trust Billi Pod on this ... if you want to laugh and smile==>see this show. I think it will find an audience.


When I got back to PHC after the show I calculated the total distance involved in going into and from the theater plus to and from because of my ticket fiasco and it was 2.7+ miles.


Well ... at least I also got a day’s worth of exercise.


Tonight’s entertainment event for Billi Pod is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - R. Strauss: Don Quixote; and, Beethoven: Symphony No. 6, "Pastoral." (subscription series)


I know that the Christmas season and festivities are a long way off (at least in Billi Pod’s head-clock) but I want to share with you loyal and faithful readers that I have just completed my traditional Christmas musical events schedule ...


November 27 - “Messiah-Refreshed”

December 11- Holiday Brass

December 13 - NY Phil’s Handel’s “Messiah”

December 18 - Vienna Boys Choir

December 31- NY Phil’s New Year’s Gala


In closing ...

Jus askin==>how in the name of God and professional ethics could Jerry ‘I shouldn’t have showered with kids’ Sandusky’s lawyer permit him to participate in that phone interview with Bob Costas yesterday? That was unbelievably stupid and, if my opinion, bordering on malpractice. Jus sayin ...


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-83

No comments: