Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Yankee Partial Season Ticket Holder’s Rant

OK, you are forewarned about what is going to happen in this posting ... but ... please take a deep breath and stay with me ... because Billi Pod needs to vent because he is really pissed off ...


A couple of weeks ago I got an email from my new Season Ticket Sales and Service Account Executive, Chelsea Duffy, advising me that shortly I would receive the renewal information for my 41-game season ticket package.


In response, I sent her an email advising that I was very very interested in moving my seat location, Section 212, row 5, seat 17, to a location underneath an overhang. And, yes ... I deliberately brought the “age-issue” into play. Whorish, yes ... but I did it ...


We later had a nice telephone conversation, leaving me with the definite impression that my request would be honored. That made me feel good although I didn’t like the idea of leaving the friends that I had developed over the past 3 seasons.

Well, the renewal package arrived Thursday and guess what ...


(1) The same seat location (with no explanation)


(2) An increase in ticket price from $70 to $80 per game.


(3) A Byzantine new ticket exchange policy that limits the number of exchanges and the games for which they may be exchanged. Plus, the exchange must take place at least 14 days before the date you want to change.


(4) No reference to post-season privileges. I assume it will be the same as last year, which was 1/2 of what it was originally, something we 41-gamers have been majorly pissed about.


The things that attracted me to the 41-game package in the first place were the generous exchange policy and the right to buy the same seat for all of the home post season games. Both of these privileges are now gone.

All of this harks back to my gut feelings from Day One in dealing with Yankee management==>they really don’t care about anyone with less than a full season ticket plan.


They know that for the most part we partial season ticket holders are pretty frugal with our expenditures at the games. For example ... I spend absolutely nothing at a game. I buy a bottle of water outside the stadium for $1.00 and bring it with me into the stadium.


Management would much rather have someone in my seat who is there for the first time, who will be buying beer and hot dogs and popcorn at horribly inflated prices.


Oh, management gives lip service to our “loyalty” but it is really just a bunch of bullshit ... they know it ... and we know it.


I decided to let several days pass before responding, so ... today I sent Chelsea an email detailing my disappointment and displeasure. Have not heard back from her but I feel that I probably will.


After walking around the apartment sucking my thumb for these several days I have concluded that unless my seat relocation request is honored, without making me jump through a bunch of hoops and stuff, I will not renew my 41-game season ticket package.


OK, now calm down a bit ... this does not mean I have stopped being a Yankee fan or that I will not be seeing games in the 2012 season. NO!!


I love the Yankee team, but ... I HATE Yankee Management.


It means I will see fewer games and will see them totally on my own terms. Once the season starts I will go out to the stadium to purchase individual game tickets (probably 4 or 5 games at a time), thereby saving the horrendous service fees for purchasing online. Remember, it ain’t a big deal for me to go from PHC to Yankee Stadium via subway.


Why am I posting this rant now? Well, because I want to and because it makes me feel a little better.


Is there a risk of "retaliation" from Management? Possibly.


Will keep you loyal and faithful readers advised.


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-98

No comments: