Thursday, November 3, 2011

Billi Pod Is Back And All Is Well

Good morning everyone. Yes ... Billi Pod is back and ... man ... does it feel great to be home in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


I am happy to report that everything yesterday went well. Son Bill aka The Bill took another sick day due to some stomach discomfort but he was very much OK with The Hovering Nun heading North and ... The Hovering Nun was OK with it too. Trust me, if there had been any indications of problems I would have stayed.


Left his house in the UCF area of Orlando midmorning and gassed up the rental car. This was the first time in a long time that I was reminded of the impact of the hideously high gas prices. Man, what a downer. Had no problems getting to the airport and finding the right rental car return spot.


Checked in @ AirTran and was able to change my seat to an exit row (and at no extra cost) and that was awesome. Cleared security with no problem and was at the gate with plenty of time to chill out.


Got The NYTimes and The NY Post and spent the time reading the papers, working crosswords and playing solitaire on my iPhone. Actually the time passed pretty fast. Got a rather nasty looking sandwich to eat on the plane on the way back to The City.


I like the Orlando Terminal. It is, of course, modern, well-maintained and for the most part very clean. Plenty of food places and stuff. It makes me realize what a pitiful dump LaGuardia Airport is.

We loaded on time and were airborne on schedule. The plane was 95% full, and, again, about 85% of the passengers got off at Newport News (where????), which is still a mystery to me. When the new passengers boarded we were about 75% full.


We had a slight delay on the ground due to traffic in the New York area but the time was made up and we were at our LGA gate right on time. The Norris Travel Curse kept hidden because my checked duffle arrived with me.


Took an express bus to The Port Authority at a cost of $10.00. I gave the driver a $2.00 tip. This same trip with my car service would have been in the $45-50 range, including taxes, tolls, and a tip. As you know, The Port Authority is just a block away from my apartment building.


It was around 7:15pm when I opened the door to PHC. Had lots of mail and accumulated papers. Man, did it feel good to be home.


Unpacked and got settled back in. I thought about catching a movie but really wasn’t in the mood to go out. So ... Billi Pod ... chilled ... fixed a huge fruit and cheese plate ... chilled ... scheduled shows for the remainder of the week ... watched Jon Stewart and the first 30 minutes of Letterman ... chilled ... and then crashed at the usual 2:00am.


This morning was awake at the usual 8:00am. It is a beautiful, sunny, brisk fall day in the high 40s.

Today will be a make up day for Billi Pod’s errands and stuff and then his entertainment event for the evening is ...

8:00==>SILENCE! THE MUSICAL - “Campy, raunchy and mounted on the cheap, this tuneful unauthorized parody of ‘The Silence of the Lambs’ is sweet, tangy and very tasty.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


Saw this gut-busting-funny musical back in September and LOVED it. It has moved to another venue. Yes, my loyal and faithful readers, this is just the show that Billi Pod needs==>YES!!


I am happy to report that I have been able to schedule entertainment events for the next 4 days/nights, meaning ... Billi Pod is back in his frenetic Big Apple state of mind ... and it feels great.


Let me close with a big shout-out to grandson Chris Falletta aka Topher and his girlfriend Ashley Goebel==>great seeing you guys Tuesday night==>looking forward to seeing you two at Christmas, in Columbia ... jus sayin ...


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-71

No comments: