Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tuesday night - Get Over It Billi Pod


I just got back from the Yankees/Rangers game and I am in a funk, no doubt about it. I thought that Monday’s 2-1 loss was difficult to witness but it didn’t hold the proverbial candle to tonight’s 3-2 debacle. Tonight the score was tied 2-2 going into the top of the 9th and Girardi brought in our Hall of Fame closer Mariano Rivera. He promptly gives up a double and a single and the score was 3-2 going into the bottom of the 9th. The leadoff runner walked but the Yankees couldn’t muster a hit and the lost their 3rd consecutive one run game. Where are the bats guys????

And, Tampa Bay beat Boston again and that means that the Yankees are trailing those Rays by 8, yes, 8 games in the loss column with the season half over. I am going crazy. Trailing Tampa Bay by 8 games?

Now, don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect the team to win every game (although it would certainly be OK with me if they did) but this team hasn’t the old fire in the belly that other Yankee teams have had, certainly not the teams that I have seen in the past 13 years. I have seen only 10 games so far this season but their record for those games is 4 wins and 6 losses. I have tickets to 27 of the remaining 39 home games. Mediocrity is not acceptable!!

I know I gotta get out of this funk and “Get Over It,” but damn ...

OK, I’ve vented, so ... tomorrow I have a 2:00 matinee, “Some Americans Abroad,” and then the final Yankees/Rangers game at 7:05, hopefully with better results.

Go Yankees!!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: