Monday, July 28, 2008

Sunday Night - Fucksox 9 - Yankees 2



First the thunder, lightning and rain delayed the start of the game until 9:00pm and then once it started the Yankee offense went POOF facing left-hander John Lester, who won his second straight game against the Yankees. We had a chance to make it a close game in the top of the 5th inning with 2 runs in, the bases loaded, no outs and A-Rod at bat. What happened? Zilch - Lester got 3 straight outs and escaped. The Yankees were never a threat thereafter.

So, we in the Yankee Nation have to be satisfied with winning 2 out of 3 games at the relic known as Fenway Park. We return to The Bronx to begin a 7 game home stand, 3 games against the Orioles and 4 games against the LA Angels. I will see 5 of the 7 games.

My entertainment schedule for the upcoming week is:

Monday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Baltimore

Tuesday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Baltimore

Wednesday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Baltimore

Thursday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. LA

Friday - 8:00 - Mostly Mozart Festival @ Lincoln Center

Saturday - 3:55 - Yankees vs. LA

Sunday - open (at the moment)

I didn’t go to the movies last night after the Boston game as I thought I would. Instead I decided to just walk around the Upper Eastside. I walked up lst Avenue to 72nd Street, then over to 2nd Avenue and back down 2nd Avenue to the apartment. The total distance was about 2 1/2 miles and the weather was great, nice and breezy. A lot of people were doing the same thing and all of the many outdoor cafes were packed. It was pleasant and exciting too. I took my time and it felt as if I one with The Greatest City in The World. Ah, yesssssssssss ....

I hope everyone has a great week. More later.

Oh, and to all you feminist flammers - yes, I do treasure my gonads but your threats to remove them do not bother me (much).

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: