Saturday, July 5, 2008

Saturday - In A Funk


OK, I have to admit that I woke up this morning in a definite funk from yesterday. The back page in The News: “YANKEE NOODLES - A-Rod, Bombers all wet in loss to Red Sox.” The back page in The New York Post: “ALL TALK - Meeting yields only Yankee Doodle Dud.” Yep, that pretty much sums up how I feel.

To add to the funkiness - it was gray and nasty looking when I woke up and then around 1:00 it started to rain and now at 2:30 it is still lightly raining. The game is supposed to start at 3:55 and soon I will have to make the decision of whether to head out to the Stadium to wait to see if the game is finally played, or just sit here. What they will probably do is wait for a couple of hours so the crowd can spend more money on $8.50 beers and then call the game, probably to schedule a day/night doubleheader tomorrow. I keep checking the TV but no word. Fuck!!

I will head out to the game and keep my fingers crossed.

More later. Oh, I didn’t stand in the rain last night to watch the fireworks show.

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: