Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wednesday - Quick Thoughts Before Heading Out to the Bronx

I have just a few minutes before I head out to Yankee Stadium for the final game of the 3 game series against The Twins. The Yankees won the first two games and have won 5 in a row and are now 10 games over .500 for the first time all season. They have tomorrow off and then head up to Boston for a crucial 3 game series against The Fucksox.

Had a great time at last night’s game even though my seat was in the upper tier. It was nice and breezy. The Yankee bats are more alive now and we won 8-2, bringing their record for games I have seen to 11-8. Had a very nice running conversation with the 40s guy seated to my right. He is a full season ticket holder and we spent a lot of time venting on how Yankee Management doesn’t give a flying fuck about non-Corporate ticket holders. The guy, Jeff, is a High School teacher who works in PA but has property in Riverdale, NY. He is an avid and knowledgeable baseball fan.

As I have written, my plan for today was to walk back to the apartment after the game but last night I scratched that because it just didn’t feel right. Not sure why, but it just didn’t and I felt the same way when I woke up this morning. Maybe sometime later ... who knows ...

Well, that decision meant I had nothing scheduled for this evening but that void was quickly filled when I went online and got a complimentary ticket to see “Perfect Harmony’ - “Perfect Harmony' is a new comedy about the struggle for truth, love and high school a cappella championship glory. During the course of the school year, perennial high school a cappella powerhouse, The Acafellas, and their female counterparts, The Ladies in Red, bare their dreams, hopes, and struggles to blend, as they battle to win Nationals and discover the true meaning of harmony.”

Oh, in closing and in response to several emails about the INTP posting ... no, the “You Are A Giant Dork” photo was not part of the original piece. I found it online and thought it was a perfect fit for me.

Now, it is time to head out to The Bronx, so ...

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: