Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday - Baseball Overload

Well, I have to admit that 7 baseball games in 7 days is almost guaranteed to bring about sensory and emotional overload and it did, especially with the emotionally draining final two games with the Yankees winning on Saturday by a score of 2-1 and then winning in the bottom of the 10th inning last night by a score of 5-4 on the 2-strike 2-out clutch hit by rookie Brett Gardner off of Fucksox closer Jonathan Papelbon. In both games Yankees closer Mariano Rivera played a crucial role. Sunday’s game started at 8:00 and it was just past midnight when the winning run scored.

I won’t go into more details about the game(s) because if you are a baseball fan you already know that the wins evened the Fucksox series at 2 and 2. If you are not a fan, well, you could care less, so ...

But I have to admit, following my policy of truth and honesty in reporting, that scheduling so many games back-to-back was probably a mistake and, gasp, on Tuesday and Wednesday I have tickets to the two Tampa Bay Rays games, making it 9 games in 10 days. Wow!!

Tonight I am seeing {title of show} in its early Broadway previews. As I have written before, I saw the show twice in its Off-Broadway run and loved it. I hope it makes it on Broadway and can find an audience. The underlying story is about two guys who are trying to write and produce a musical and, among other things, they can’t agree on the title of the show.

In closing I want to thank my oldest grandson, Warrant Officer Alex Falletta, for sending me the pictures taken during his current training program in Arizona. I have taken the liberty of sharing one of them at the bottom of this posting. Way to go Lex!!

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: