Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Second Quarter of 2008


Wow, it is hard to believe that the second quarter of 2008 has come and gone, and, as usual, it was crammed full of exciting entertainment and travel events for moi.

In reviewing my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that in April, May and June I attended: 6 Broadway shows (Boeing, Boeing; Thurgood; A Catered Affair; Glory Days; Cry Baby; and, Cirque Dreams - Jungle Fantasy); 26 Off Broadway shows; 3 comedy shows; 2 rock concerts (The Eagles and Ringo Starr); 8 classical music concerts (mostly with The New York Philharmonic Orchestra); 9 baseball games; and, 1 movie.

During this time-frame I was able to spend some quality time in the City with: fraternity brother and mega-Bull Gator Stumpy Harris of Orlando; Granddaughter Gina Falletta, of Columbia, SC, and her friend Kelly; Gordon Warner of Tavares, FL, and his new significant other Carole; former Law School classmate Steve Gardner; student/bartender/manager Scott Reed and his boyfriend Ben Sears; and, my AA buddies (you know who you are).

On April 23rd I turned 74 (barf and double barf, I don’t like being old), however, this event was made special by Scott and Ben who kidnapped me and took me away, via a Mini-Cooper, to a wonderful lunch in Staten Island.

April also saw the birth of this blog, with the first posting on April 6th. During the 3 months I posted 28 times in April, 7 in May, and 20 in June. I have actually enjoyed the posting process but there has been a downside and that is - I am not as current in writing in my daily log as I should be. My bad.

I was out of The City a total of 25 nights, 20 for my awesome Japan/China adventure and 5 nights in Orlando to be with my son Bill while he was recovering from ear surgery. The number of days I stayed in the apartment without some entertainment event was 11, most of which were in April when the weather sucked.

When all of this is factored in, I remain at my goal of attending some entertainment event 9 out of 10 nights. Not bad for a 74 year old guy, not bad at all. Yep, this 74 year old guy just keeps on keeping on. I hope you agree.

I am indeed blessed - Thank You Higher Power!!!

Go Yankees!!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: