Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday - June is in the history books (almost).

I have just finished doing the stats for the month of June, which was another interesting and event-filled time. In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that in June 2008 I saw/attended/did the following (assuming, of course, that the game tonight is not rained out):

1 Broadway show (Cirque Dream Forest Fantasy); 14 Off-Broadway shows; 1 rock concert (Ringo Starr and His All-star Band); 3 classical music concerts (all New York Philharmonic); and, 5 baseball games.

I spent time with Gordon Warner and his new significant other Carole and student/bartender/manager Scott Reed. Had my semi-annual HIV test (result - negative). I was out of town 5 nights to be with my son Bill in Orlando during and after his ear surgery; and, spent only 2 nights in the apartment without attending some entertainment activity during the day or evening and that maintains my goal of attending some entertainment event 9 out of 10 days/evenings.

Not bad, not bad at all for a 74 year old guy, however, I have to acknowledge that some of you have expressed concern over my frenetic schedule, as per an excerpt from a recent email from a longtime, but here unnamed, friend:

...“The entertainment schedule you've set up for yourself recently makes me think you're getting very close to needing Professional Help with that problem”...

Hum? I wonder if she/he/it means a Shrink? Nah .... no way ... she/he/it obviously means a Personal Assistant ... yeah, that’s it. I wonder what she/he/it will think when I post the 6-month stats later on this week?

Moving on ... the past weekend was fun. I did not march in the Gay Pride Parade because of the heat and humidity and then ensuing rain. The rap-musical “Bash’d” was extremely well performed but you really have to pay attention because there is almost no dialogue and the story is told in rap-verse.

Sunday night was the new version of Forbidden Broadway called “Forbidden Broadway Dancing with Stars,” and it was very well performed and very funny although a lot of the jokes are very insider and aimed at the theater-savvy crowd. They poked fun at all of the new Broadway shows and also included bits directed at longer running shows. It was 90 minutes and I left with a smile on my face.

Tonight is the beginning of my baseball frenzy. I will go to a baseball game out at Yankee Stadium 9 out of the next 10 days/nights. Yeah, I know ... what can I say. Four of them will be games against the Boston Fucksox and their outcome will go a long way in determining if the Yankees can make the playoffs this year.

Speaking of playoffs - can you believe that as of today the Tampa Bay Rays (I still think of them as The Devil Rays) are in first place in the AL East and are tied with the Chicago Cubs for the rest record in baseball? Un-fucking-believable!! Yes, they seem to have undergone an exorcism when the “Devil” was removed from their name.

Time to get ready to head out to The House That Ruth Built.

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: