Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday - The New Yankee Stadium, the game, and other stuff.























As these pictures show, the construction of the New Yankee Stadium is moving along and everyone is predicting that it will be ready in time for the Opening Day for the 2009 Season.

It was very hot and humid during this afternoon’s game and both Mike Mussina and the Royal’s pitcher, Luke Hochevar, pitched excellent games and the score was tied 2-2 going into the top of the the 9th. The Yankees brought in closer Mariano Rivera and he promptly gave up what turned out to be a game-winning home run. We had a chance in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded and 2 outs but it just wasn’t meant to be. We lost 2-3. The sellout crowd was stunned and the Yankees fell back to .500, where they have been most of the year. It just doesn’t feel right, it really doesn’t. This was only my 7th game of the season, but their record for those games is 3-4.

To add to my misery, my nose began to run and I sneezed a lot, all, I hope, due to the extremely high pollen count. I really feel kinda blah even now.

I have nothing planned for this evening and nothing has shown up on any of my services, so ...

Please don’t tell Mayor Mike that I will be staying in for the evening.

I don’t think I have posted that I will be out of The Big Apple for most of next week. On Monday I will fly down to Orlando to be with my son, Bill, when he has surgery done on his ears to clear away some polyps and whatever. The surgery is outpatient and was originally scheduled for Tuesday but has now been moved to Wednesday. I will have the responsibility of looking after his two massive Rottweilers, Zookie and Zeko. Assuming everything goes OK, I will come back to NYC on Saturday the 21st.

More to come later.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: