Monday, June 16, 2008

THE NORRIS TRAVEL CURSE RETURNS

Well, it hasn’t been a very good day so far. My flight was late in boarding and once it did there was a delay. They finally told us that the delay was because they were in the process of replacing a navigation device, so we waited and waited and waited. Then they announced that the plane would have to be taken out of service and we were told to deplane. It was 1:15. Fuck!!

We have just been informed that another plane is “on the way” but that the earliest boarding will be 2:30, yeah, right!!

It is ironic that on all of my 10 flights as part of my Japan/China Adventure there were no delays what-so-ever but on a routine flight to Orlando I have all of these problems.

Speaking of problems - I wasn’t able to access the website for the All-Star Game tickets due to “extreme usage," their words, not mine. When we got off the plane I thought I would give it another try, but I get the same message.

And, I am now running low on battery power and I haven’t been able to find an outlet to recharge.

So ... will I make it to Orlando today/tonight? Only time will tell.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: