Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday morning - On to Orlando

I am at the American Airline flight gate at Laguardia Airport way in advance of my 11:00am departure time down to Orlando, where I will be until Saturday.

Why am I so early, you ask? Well, first, I usually arrive early and always have. Secondly, and really iffy at the moment - the MLB All Star Game will be at Yankee Stadium on July 15th and as a season ticket holder I have an “opportunity” to purchase tickets in advance of their going on sale to the general public, if ... and a big if ... they are “available.” Meaning - if the Corporate Vultures haven’t scarfed them up. And, the real kicker - they go on sale at 10:00am today and my flight boards at 10:30, so I will have a 30 minute window to access the site, find a ticket at an affordable price, and finalize the purchase. Oh, the pre-sale lasts until 10:00pm but whatever available tickets will be long long gone by then.

So, I am going to post this in a minute and then lurk at the website until 10:00.

One final note - I skipped my 8:00 show last night and watched the Tony’s and I thought Whoopi did a terrific job. And, yes, you are right, all of my predictions were correct - Billi Pod went 8 for 8, right on.

Oh, and the Yankees are finally on a roll even though they may have lost Chien-Ming Wang for a while.

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: