Monday, June 9, 2008

Monday - Headed out to Yankee Stadium




As soon as I post this I will head out to Yankee Stadium to see the final game of the 4 game series against the Kansas City Royals. The Yankees have won 2 out of 3 and I hope it will be 3 out of 4 by this evening.

It is very very hot and humid with the predicted high in the upper 90s. Thankfully my seat is in my usual area, in the shady Loge section.

Have almost finished the travel observations regarding the Japan portion of the Japan/China adventure and it should be posted this evening.

I was, frankly, surprised at the number of emails I received regarding Part One of the Travel Observations, especially the number of you guys who are interested in more details regarding the air travel and who wanted a breakdown of the mileage on each leg/flight. So, here goes:

JFK to San Franciso - 2,586
San Francisco to Tokyo - 5,133
Kyoto to Shanghai - 868

Inter-China:
Shanghai to Guilin - 497
Guilin to Xi’an - 621
Xi’an to Beijing - 567
Beijing to Hong Kong - 1,222
Total China - 2,907

Hong Kong to Tokyo - 1,827
Tokyo to San Franciso - 5,133
San Franciso to JFK - 2,586
GRAND TOTAL - 21,040

And, finally to DW - I don’t loathe fat/over-weight people. I am, however, very very concerned that otherwise intelligent and worldly people have made a conscious decision to pursue and maintain a life-style that impacts their quality of life and impairs their health. I feel the same way about people who still smoke.

Anyway, on that happy note, it is off to The Bronx.

Go Yankees!!!

Billi Pod

No comments: