Monday, October 22, 2012

WILD WITH HAPPY==>B

It is another beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

I regret that those of my loyal and faithful readers and followers who are Worker Bees are now slumped over their computers in their cubicles, or setting the tables in anticipation of the lunch crowd, or getting the mop from the broom closet or ... whatever ... at least you have a job, so just shut the f**k up ... 

Moving on ... hold on ... Billi Pod said to SHUT THE F**K UP ... don’t make me come over there and bitch-slap you.

Now, moving on, really ...

 I am happy to report that yesterday afternoon’s Town Hall concert, BROADWAY ORIGINALS, was excellent, as usual.

As I had expected, however, my comp. seat was in the upper balcony nosebleed section ...


And, barf, I was seated next to a guy who was at least 300 lbs (not joking). He could barely waddle his way into his seat location. Not pleasant because his flab took up about 25% of my space. Barf!!

Luckily, at intermission, The Theater Goddess aka Dian Crystal aka My Lady fetched me a terrific seat, front row of the mezzanine. Thank you My Lady.

For me the highlight of the show were the two songs performed by Alice Ripley of Next To Normal fame. 


When the show was over Dian and I walked down Broadway to Astor Place, 2.35 miles. We found a nice restaurant, whose name escapes me at the moment, and had a bite, and then we walked over to the newly refurbished Public Theatre for our next entertainment event.

The Public Theatre really looks nice now and the lobby area is excellent. Before the show we met up with our mutual theater buddy, Kim, and had time for some much needed catching up.

Now about the show ... 

WILD WITH HAPPY, about a down-on-his-luck actor dealing with his Mother’s death and his responsibilities for her funeral==>B

The show, 90 minutes without intermission, has decent acting, incredible staging and is extremely thought provoking.

I have to observe, however, that it is very much “in-your-face” for a so-called “comedy.” Frankly, after awhile the constant return to racial and sexual stereotypes begins to wear thin.

The show is, IMHO, worth seeing, with these caveats.

Oh, I was seated next to another huge guy, at least 250 lbs, but this time the guy took extra effort not to encroach on my space.

Today, being a Monday, will be Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall. 

The program is: "All Brahms - Tragic Overture; Violin Concerto; and Symphony No. 2"
(discounted TDF ticket)

I have seen this world-renowned orchestra perform on several occasions, one of them being in London, and they are exceptional. I am really looking forward to this concert. Love the orchestra and love the program.

I have already begun my mental countdown to Saturday’s GATORS/GEORGIA game in Jacksonville.

Over the years this event has earned its reputation as “The World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.” It is indeed a heated rivalry.

At present The Gators are ranked #3 and the Bullfrogs are ranked #9. We are 6 1/2 point favorites. In all likelihood the winner will ultimately play ‘Bama for the SEC Championship.

Now that Billi Pod’s baseball season is over he has reverted to his frenetic entertainment schedule. This is what he has already booked for the upcoming week ...

Monday - 8:00==>LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA.

Tuesday - 2:30==>followup appointment with ear doctor;
7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA

Wednesday - open at the moment. Will, no doubt, book a doubleheader.

Thursday - 7:00==>NEXT TO NORMAL

Friday - 2:00==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA;
8:00==>GEEKS! THE MUSICAL

Saturday - 3:30==>FLORIDA/GEORGIA on CBS

Sunday - open at the moment. Pretty certain it will ultimately be another doubleheader

So there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I think it is shaping up to be a very interesting week, but ... remember ...

I report - you decide.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.45 miles (or, 14,102 steps)

Mileage for week==>43.13 miles (avg. 6.16 miles per day)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>605.02

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>473.98

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: