Friday, October 12, 2012

I Can Hear You Now


Good Friday morning all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Well, I am happy to report that the session yesterday afternoon with my hearing Doc, Rose DuLude, went well. She very patiently explained to me all of the do’s and don’t’s about my new state-of-the-art in-the-ear-canal hearing devices.

I had done some online research and knew that you just can’t stick the thingys in your ears and immediately be at 100%. A good part of the process involves basically reprogramming your brain and that takes time and “patience.”

Patience??? Damn, Billi Pod barely knows how to spell that word, much less embrace it. Patience??? Oh, well ...

Dr. DuLude strongly recommended that I start off wearing them for only 3 hrs a day and then increase the time by an additional hour each day until our next session, which is on October 23rd. I agreed, of course. She also set the volume at 90% and will increase it if necessary at the next session.

The thingys are very very small and getting them properly placed in the ear canal can be kinda tricky. Once they are in they are totally invisible.

I already knew that once they were in my ears that I would begin hearing strange sounds and frequencies and that happened. It is my understanding that in a relatively short period of time things will begin to sound “normal” again.

When I left her office, located on E. 68th Street between lst and 2nd Avenues, I immediately became aware of noises and sounds that I had never heard before. I knew that I didn’t want my first experience in this new adventure to on the subway, so I opted to walk back to the apartment, through Central Park etc etc. That was interesting, to say the least.

There is no doubt that my hearing is already greatly improved with the thingys and that I made the right decision(s). I kept them in until 7:30pm, the beginning of the YANKEES/ORIOLES game, which I watched on TV.

Today I will wear them for 4 hours but will take them out when I head out to Yankee Stadium for the 5:00pm game.

So there you have it my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I will keep you advised as this new adventure develops and progresses.

Moving on ...

Or perhaps, moving backwards is the better expression because last night the Yankee hitters had a dismal night, losing 2-1 to the Orioles in 13 innings. We failed on numerous opportunities to put those pesky Orioles away.

Yes, A-Rod and Curtis Granderson in particular were both woefully inadequate. Our pitching staff deserved better treatment from the bland batters who looked like they couldn’t play T-Ball, much less in a crucial major league post-season game.

Bottom line==>now the post-season rests on the shoulders of our ace CC Sabathia (15-6) @ 5:00pm today. He will be facing Jason Hammel (8-6) for the Birds.

If the Yankees win they will advance to the American League Championship Series (ALCS) against The Detroit Tigers on Saturday @ 8:00pm at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

Billi Pod will be at the stadium today, hoping and praying for a victory from his Bronx Bombers.

OK ... will post this, put in the hearing thingys and then do some walking and wandering in The Port Authority Bus Terminal and then over to Grand Central.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.13 miles (or, 11,224 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>545.07

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>533.93

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: