Saturday, October 20, 2012

THE OTHER JOSH COHEN==>A+


It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, azure blue skies and 61º at 11:30am.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wastelands, Billi Pod wants to assure you that this posting and subsequent postings will not ... repeat ... will not ... be filled with rants and raves about the disappointing Yankee post season and the fiasco in Detroit. 

Yes, I agree with the emails, texts and postings I received from so many of you ... without a doubt it is time to move on ... so ... Billi Pod is moving on ...

Let’s start with my observations on yesterday’s staged reading at The York Theatre. As you know, Billi Pod usually doesn’t issue letter-grade report cards on staged readings ... so ...

LENI RIEFENSTAHL IS GOING TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH, the musical about the notorious Nazi filmmaker, was interesting and thought provoking. I was very impressed with Jen Tullock in the role of Leni. The format is basically an opera because there is very little spoken dialogue.

Of course, the subject matter is troubling and I question whether it could find an audience if it is ever produced. I know that my theater buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady wasn’t enamored with the show.

After the show I was able to get in some walk and wander time and then it was time for the second entertainment event, down at the SoHo Playhouse in ... tada ... SoHo ...

THE OTHER JOSH COHEN, the musical about a good guy trying to break a streak of incredibility bad luck==>A+

Totally enjoyable and often gut-busting funny. It has a remarkably talented cast headed by David Rossmer and Steve Rosen. They are longtime friends and co-wrote the book, music and lyrics

David and Steve each play Josh Cohen, one playing him in the present and the other a year earlier. The interaction between the two characters/performers is amazing.

The house was full last night and everyone seemed to be having a good time. I know that Billi Pod did because he left the theater with a smile on his face.

So.... Billi Pod Says==>SEE IT!! It runs through November 11th.

Today’s entertainment schedule is ...

3:30==>GATORS/GAMECOCKS at The Swamp, carried on CBS. 

The Gators are still favored by 3-points but I’m not buying that at all. Steve Spurrier’s team is fighting for its life in the SEC East and I think the game will be a nail biter from the kickoff to the final play.

Yes, this will be a true test for Coach Muskrat and The Gators.

GO GATORS!!

Then for this evening is ... 

8:00==>IN THE BAR OF A TOKYO HOTEL - “A multimedia revival of the Tennessee Williams drama about an experimental painter and his man-hungry wife on a journey in Japan.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Yeah, I know ... I already have mixed feelings about this show. It is playing at The New World Stages up on West 50th Street so I will have no problem walking up there in plenty of time after the end of the Gator game.

I hope that each of my loyal and faithful readers and followers is having a great weekend.

It is such a beautiful day out. Billi Pod will post this and then walk and wander for awhile.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.36 miles (or, 13,905 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>592.17

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>486.13

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: