Tuesday, October 23, 2012

London Symphony Orchestra==>Wonderful!!


I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that last night’s LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA concert @ Avery Fisher Hall was sublimely wonderful, especially the Brahms Violin Concerto, performed by James Ehnes

My seat, via a discounted TDF ticket, was excellent, middle orchestra, about 2/3rds of the way back from the stage.

I have to share that my new hearing aid thingys gave a somewhat different prospective on the orchestration, especially from the violins and flutes. It was a bit distracting at first but soon my brain finished its reprogramming and all was well.

Since we are talking about the hearing aid thingys ...

This afternoon, at 2:30pm, I have my first followup session with my audiologist, Dr. Rose DuLude, at her East 68th Street office. Pursuant to her instructions, I am now able to wear the thingys for 15 hours a day, or basically all day.

I think the volume needs to be somewhat increased and we will discuss this. In all of my online research the prevailing theme is that to be successful you have to be patient because it can take up to 6 months ... gasp ... 6 months ...  to have your brain fully reprogrammed to get the maximum benefit from your devices.

I have promised myself that I will be patient. This is helped because the thingys are soooooooooo expensive that failing to follow the instructions etc would be stupid to the nth degree. Stubborn I am ... stupid I am not.

Will, of course, keep you advised.

Tonight entertainment event is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall.

 “The program is: LaLo - Symphonie espagnole; Berlioz - Symphonie fastastique.”
(season subscription)

Yes, before you send me emails and texts ... the program lists the two numbers as “Symphonie” not the usual “Symphony.”

Yesterday was a terrific walk and wander day. I did it in three sections. First, in mid-afternoon I took the E train over to my old Midtown East ‘hood and wandered there. Second, I went up to Lincoln Center about 90 minutes before my concert and wandered there. And, third, when the concert was over I walked back to PHC on W. 42nd Street. The results were ... 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.24 miles (or, 15,833 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>612.26

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>466.74

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: