Sunday, October 14, 2012

Saturday==>2 PLUSES, I MINUS


Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Yesterday was a sorta mixed results day for Billi Pod, so let’s get this blog started with my chronological reports on ...

TEN CHIMNEYS, the period comedy about the relationship of the theatrical power couple Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne, at their legendary Wisconsin estate==>B+

I found the show to be very well acted, informative and thought-provoking. My only quibble is that there is way too much yelling and screaming between the supposedly sophisticated characters.

Having said that ... I think the show is definitely worth seeing. It is playing at the Theatre at St. Clement’s and runs through October 27th. 

As I posted yesterday, I wore my new hearing aid thingys to the show for their first real test but ... it didn’t work out because my seat was in the middle of the first row. Oh well ...

After the show I did a little walk and wandering in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood and then came back to the apartment and settled into a couch-potato modality for my two sporting events, starting with ...

FLORIDA vs. VANDERBILT==>The Gators win 31-17 over Vanderbilt as QB Jeff Driskel has a Timmy Tebow-like day, rushing for 177 yards and scoring 3 TDs. Actually the game was much closer than the final score indicates as Vanderbilt played an excellent game.

Coach Muskrat has now brought the Gators to a 6-0 record setting up a crucial game next Saturday against Steve Spurrier and the South Carolina Limpcocks in The Swamp.

And this now leads to the final sporting event ... 

YANKEES/TIGERS @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built==>The Yankees are down 0-4 going into the bottom of the 9th. Ichiro hits a 2-run homer, then, gasp, Ibanez hits a 2-run homer to tie it at 4-4. The stadium goes wild. Totally unbelievable.

Sadly, we then lose 6-4 in the 12th. OMFG!!==>Derek Jeter breaks his ankle in the 12th and is out for the rest of the post season. TOTAL BUMMER!!

This was such a frustrating game to watch as the Wankies had the bases loaded in the 1st, 2nd, and 6th innings and failed, yet again, to get a crucial hit to score runs.

A-Rod, Swisher and Granderson remain ineffective. This is absolutely maddening, it really is ...

Anyway ...

This afternoon at 4:00pm is game #2, with Hiroki Kuroda on the mound for the Yankees vs. Anibal Sanchez for the Tigers. Kuroda is pitching on three days rest for the first time in his career.

I will be there, with my fingers crossed.

Oh==>I HATE TIGERS!!

I HOPE THE REST OF YOUR WEEKEND IS AWESOME!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.07 miles (or, 11,089 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>557.20

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>521.80

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: