Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New York Philharmonic Concert==>FANTASTIQUE!!



I am happy to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers that last night’s NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall concert was==>FANTASTIQUE!!!

Yes, the 55-minute long performance of Berlioz’s “Symphonie fastastique” was totally FANTASTIQUE as was the opening number, Lalo’s “Symphonie espagnole,” performed by violinist Augustin Hadelich.

Interesting side note. Seated next to me was a very nice looking 30s guy, in a suit. Since this was part of my season subscription series I assumed he was a subscriber like moi, so I struck up a conversation with him. Well ... surprise surprise ... it turns out that he, Glenn, was in the City on business and had gotten the ticket from a friend.

He said he was from Atlanta. And, yes, he is a University of Georgia graduate. WTF!! When I told him I was a Gator we both started laughing. We had a very good back-and-forth and agreed that Saturday’s game would be a nail biter until the very last play.

Man, it really is a small world isn’t it? I mean ... what are the odds that something like this could happen?

When the concert was over I had planned to walk back to the apartment but it had started to lightly rain so I opted for the subway instead. A good choice.

Moving on ...

I am also happy to report that yesterday’s session with my  audiologist, Dr. Rose DuLude, went well. After a review of the past 12 days she raised the volume on the hearing aid thingys and gave me more detailed instructions on how to maintain the devices.

She seemed pleased with my progress and said that I am “on schedule.” She now recommends that I put the thingys in when I get up in the morning and keep them in until I go to bed. This I will do.

I have to comment that she has such a pleasant manner and personality that what could have been a very very stressful experience just hasn’t been, Thank God!!

I will see her again on November 7th.

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

7:00==>DISGRACED - “A successful Pakistani-American lawyer who is rapidly moving up the corporate ladder has distanced himself from his cultural roots. When he and his wife, a white artist influenced by Islamic imagery, host a dinner party, what starts out as a friendly conversation escalates into something far more damaging.” (Off Broadway - full priced $20.00 ticket)

The lead role is played by Aasif Mandvi, known for his work on The Daily Show. It has just opened and received a rave review from the New York Times. 

Tonight is game 1 of the World Series @ 8:00pm from San Francisco, carried on Fox. It will be Justin Verlander vs. Barry Zito.

Billi Pod’s prediction==>The Tigers win in 6-games.

Yes ... in the name of fair and unbiased reporting Billi Pod must reveal that he has temporarily set aside his negative feelings for anything “Tiger-related” and will be pulling for Detroit. He is doing this mainly because he is a total American League fan.

Speaking of negative feelings ... this time two weeks in the future we will know, hopefully, who our next President will be. I, frankly, have a terrible feeling deep inside my gut that Romney is somehow going to eke out a win. Man, that would be terrible, IMHO.

Anyway ... yesterday was a good walk and wander day ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.63 miles (or, 15,833 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>619.89

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>459.11

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: