Sunday, October 28, 2012

Billi Pod Is In A Funk


Well, as much as Billi Pod would like to say “good morning” to all of his loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, wastelands and boondocks, he just can’t because this morning his mood is anything but good.


Yes, Billi Pod finds himself in a deep funk that started with yesterday’s painful-to-watch GATOR/BULLDOGS dung-heap game. As you know, in every aspect of the game The Gators basically sucked in our 17-9 embarrassing loss.  

It was one of the sloppiest games I have ever seen at the college level. The two teams had 24 penalties for a total of 227 yards. WTF???

For God’s sake, we made 6 turnovers with 4 fumbles and 2 interceptions. The last fumble, by Jordan Reed, which was recovered in the end zone, ended our chances for a comeback. Barf!!

The game itself took F O R E V E R. I had to skip my 8:00 show. No matter, I wasn’t in the mood for it anyway.

With the loss our chances to advance to the SEC Championship are basically nil.

When the game was over I had to get outside even though it was chilly and windy, so I headed over to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. I still wore my Gator cap. After about 45 minutes I exited the Terminal and as I did I heard a voice say ... “tough day for your Gators” ... WTF????

I looked to my left and there was a young NYPD officer with a smile on his face. He was with another officer. They were both smiling. He motioned me over and we had a funny talk. He is originally from Columbia, SC, and, of course is a Gamecocks fan. As you probably know, they won their game against Tennessee but lost their star running back Marcus Lattimore for the season.

He and his partner, a Penn State graduate, had watched both games before they came on duty. We all agreed that it was a terrible afternoon for the Gators. Actually the conversation with them helped improve my mood just a bit.

Also, this was once again an example of how small this World really is.

I came back to PHC and settled in to watch Game 3 of the World Series. Well, my “team,” The Tigers, lost 2-0 and are on the cusp of being swept in 4-games.

Damn, does all of this mean that “The Norris Travel Curse” has expanded to include sporting events?

Then, of course, there was the news of the upcoming visit from Sandy, no not my friend Sandy Mullon, I mean from Hurricane Sandy, due to have its greatest impact on NYC late Monday night, early Tuesday morning.

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, as a native Floridian I know about hurricanes and I have done all of the right things and even made the following posting on my FB Wall for all of my Tri-State friends ...

***********************
“To my Tri-State friends==>from a Fla guy who has survived numerous hurricanes==>prepare but don’t overdo it.

Check the flashlights, recharge everything, get extra batteries if necessary. Use all of those plastic cups you have to store water. Cover with saran wrap and store in your dishwasher. Find your hand operated can opener.

You can get by for at least a week on ...
Cheese, peanut butter, crackers, bread, protein bars, and fruit (apples, pears, grapes and bananas). Trust me, you ain’t gonna be hungry anyway.
Bottom line==>DON’T PANIC!!”
******************* 
I guess my major concern is being stuck on the 41st floor if the power goes out for a long period of time.

I will keep you advised as best I can.

Moving on to today ...

My entertainment event is ...

3:00==>HERESY - “In a parade of government imprisonment, immaculate conception, religion, politics, cocktails and one articulate working girl, Heresy views the not-so-distant-future through the satiric and hilarious lens of A.R. Gurney.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

Yeah, I know, but I like Gurney’s work. It is playing at the Flea Theatre way downtown.

OK ... will post this and try to get in some walk and wander time before the weather turns bad.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.10 miles (or, 11,162 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>645.54

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>433.46

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”




No comments: