Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Gators Are Gonna Kick Ass!!



Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, we are only a few hours away from the GATOR/BULLDOGS kickoff @ 3:30pm in Jacksonville. To say that Billi Pod is charged is an understatement because the rest of the season depends on the outcome of this game.

In all likelihood the winner will ultimately play ‘Bama for the SEC Championship and, as most of you know, the winner of that game almost always goes on to play in the BCS Championship game.

The fact that this is even possible for the Gators this season is almost beyond belief and I tip my Gator cap to Coach Muskrat and his staff for molding this team.

OK, let’s move on to Billi Pod’s report card on Friday’s entertainment doubleheader ... 

NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall==>wonderful. It was a terrific concert, especially Mahler’s Symphony No. 1. 

My discounted TDF seat was excellent, row T in the right orchestra section.

I went to Lincoln Center a bit early and had a nice walk and wander session before the concert and then when the concert was over I walked back to the apartment.

Had the usual fruit and cheese plate and then headed out a bit early over to the Eastside for my second event, which was ...

GEEKS! THE MUSICAL, that follow the adventures of a gaggle of geeks through a Comic Book/Sci-Fi Convention==>A+

Man, this show was gut busting funny and very well performed by a young and energetic cast. 

The hour and 45 minute intermissionless running time flew by because the action never stopped.

The small venue, The Richmond Shepard Theatre on 26th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenues, was filled and the audience was really into the show.

I can’t remember when I had so much fun and I would highly recommend it to you loyal and faithful readers in the Tri-State area but, alas, it closes on Sunday and the last performances are sold-out.

One of the staff told me that there is a possibility it will be moved to a larger Off Broadway venue. I hope it does because I would see it again in a heartbeat.

Today’s entertainment event, other than the GATOR/BULLDOGS game, is ...

8:00==>MARCH MADNESS - “The office sports pool, once a fun diversion, becomes a deadly serious game when the ante is substantially raised, and what's at stake becomes no less than their lives. And yes, it's a comedy!” (Off Broadway - ($9.00 TDF ticket)

This sounds mighty interesting doesn’t it. It is playing at a theatre on West 36th Street, only 6 blocks from PHC, so I don’t anticipate having any problems with the ending of the Gator game and picking up my ticket. Also, since my ticket is a “paid-for” I can just skip the show if, say, the Gator game goes into overtime or whatever ... 

I will post this and do a bit of a walk and wander session in my immediate hood.

Yesterday was a great walk and wander day, including the Lincoln Center area and then down to my Eastside theater venue. It was my third 7+ mile day in the last 5 days. Nice!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>7.70 miles (or, 16,845 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>640.44

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>438.56

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: