Thursday, October 11, 2012

Incredible Night At Yankee Stadium!!


Good morning my loyal and faithful readers and followers. It is a beautiful morning here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and that reflects Billi Pod’s current state-of-mind.

I am certain that most of you know what is coming next ... so let’s just get right to it ...

 It was an incredible night out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. The sold-out house (50,497) was roaring before the game started. 

Unfortunately, the Yankee bats, led by an ineffective A-Rod, were basically silenced by stellar pitching from the Bird’s starter Miguel Gonzalez. Our starter, Hiroki Kuroda, also pitched an excellent game through 7 innings.

But, we were losing 2-1 going into the bottom of the 9th inning.

Then, with one out, manager Joe Girardi made a shocking move by pinch-hitting the 40-year old journeyman Raul Ibanez for the woeful A-Rod. A-Rod, the highest paid player in the major leagues, was 0-3 with 2 strikeouts and a pitiful 1-9, with 7 strikeouts, in the series

Well ... Ibanez hit a line-drive home run to tie the score, the crowd went wild and the game went into extra innings.

Then ... OMFG!! In the bottom of the 12th inning Ibanez ... yes ... Ibanez ... hit the first pitch he saw from reliever Brian Matusz over the right-field wall, winning game 3 for us, 3-2.

Totally unbelievable!! The still packed stadium went absolutely wild as Ibanez circled the bases.

I am soooooooooo glad that I was able to witness this now historic event in person

It was midnight when I opened the door to PHC. I was still flying high but was also emotionally drained and starving.

I want to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers the headlines in the 3 daily papers ...

“RAH, RAH, RAUL - Pinch hero’s two homers spark Yank comeback.” - front page of the NY Post

A-WHO! - Raul pinch-hits for Alex, blasts 2 HRs to put O’s on brink.” - back page of the NY Post

“PINCH ME! - Ibanez, hitting for A-Rod, belts HRs in 9th & 12th to stun Orioles, take series lead.” - front page of the Daily News

“WHO NEEDS A-ROD! - Raul’s blast in place of Alex saves day, shot in 12th wins it.” - back page of the Daily News

“Daring Move, Spectacular Results - Ibanez, Hitting for Rodriguez Homers Twice.” - headline in sports section of the NY Times

One downer about the game==>Derek Jeter was taken out in the 8th inning when he apparently re-injured his left foot. At the moment his status for tonight’s game is uncertain.

Phil Hughes (16-13) will try to clinch the ALDS for the Yankees tonight at 7:30pm and he will face Joe Saunders (9-13) for the Birds.

Of course Billi Pod will be glued to the tube.

If the Orioles win, then game-5 will be tomorrow at 5:00pm or 7:00pm (too complex to explain) and our ace CC Sabathia will be on the mound. I will be there.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers I know this is a lot of baseball, but please remember that your favorite blogger has invested big dollars and a lot of his time, effort and energy into this season.

Moving on ...

At 4:00pm this afternoon I will be at my appointment with Dr. Rose DuLude, my hearing Doc,  to get my hearing aid thingys. 

In all honesty==>I am both excited and apprehensive and I have to admit that I have been playing the game of ... “what if” ... “why did I” ... and ... “WTF?”

Add to this a major case of “buyer’s remorse” and you have Billi Pod’s current mental status.

Yeah ... yeah ... I know ... I know ... please don’t flame me ... I know this is something that I had to do and that I made all of the right choices. I promise that you will hear all of the details and stuff tomorrow.

Moving on some more ...

Yesterday I reached an important milestone (nice choice of words, don’t you think?) in my 1,079 mile walking challenge/adventure. Yes, yesterday Billi Pod reached the 50% mark in total mileage and get this ... this was programmed for day 148 and was reached on day 102, so I am currently 46 days ahead of schedule.

I also calculate that I now have 167.64 miles in my storage locker. Yeah ... bring on the nasty cold weather, Billi Pod is ready.

With that in mind, I will post this and then do a nice walk and wander session before my hearing Doc appointment.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.39 miles (or, 13,975 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>539.94

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>539.06

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you."

No comments: