Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Birds Beat The Wankies==>Barf!!


It is a kinda gray and overcast day here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, in the low 50s.

Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting your favorite blogger has to admit that yesterday was basically a blah day that ended with a major downer ...

The Wankies lost 3-2 to The Orioles @ Camden Yards in Baltimore in a game that was again rain-delayed.

Andy Pettitte pitched a decent game. It was the Wankies bats that went dead with ... tada ... runners in scoring position. Where have you heard that lament before? Yeah ... that’s right ... for most of the f**king season, that’s where.

The final out in the top of the 9th inning was a strike out by none other than==>A-Rod, who is 1 for 9 in the series, with five strikeouts. The headlines in the local papers pretty much sums it up ...

“SAME OLD A-ROD. O’s get even as Alex whiffs to end it.” - NY Post

“STRANDED. Yanks leave 10 on base as Birds tie series.” - Daily News

“Yankees Head for Home Battling Orioles Neck and Neck.” - NY Times

The Wankies have the day off and then begin the remainder of the 5-game series at 7:30pm on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. As I have posted earlier, I have a ticket for this game and for the game on Friday, if needed.

And, of course, The Jets lost 23-17 to the Texans as Mark Sanchez had yet another lackluster performance and Timmy Tebow remained basically a non-factor.

I am glad that the Wankies aren’t playing tonight because it gives me an opportunity to do something other than sit in front of the tube.

Tonight’s entertainment event is a Broadway show ...

8:00==>LEWIS BLACK: RUNNING ON EMPTY - “A lengthy and timely yet humorous commentary about the current state of American politics.”
(Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

This show is a very limited engagement, with only 8 performances running  through October 20th.

I need a laugh, that is for certain.

On a really positive note, I want to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers 3 pictures of my darling great-granddaughter, Saylor Falletta, who is now 9 months old ...





Just received a call from my hearing doc's office and I will get my hearing aid thingys on Thursday afternoon @ 4:00pm. 

I have done a bit of research and have learned that the adjustment process is a lot more difficult than I imagined. Oh well ... it is just another challenge and you all know how Billi Pod responds to challenges ... 

Because yesterday’s weather was cold and nasty I did all of my walking and wandering in The Port Authority Bus Terminal and Penn Station. 

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.85 miles (or, 12,798 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>527.17

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>551.83

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: