Friday, October 19, 2012

The Fat Lady Sang


Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, last night at Comerica Park in Detroit the Fat Lady sang, signaling an end to the Yankees 2012 post season as the Wankies lost 8-1 to Detroit, a game the Wankies were never really in. 

The Tigers swept the Wankies 4-0 and advance to The World Series. No question about it, the better team won.

Make no mistake about it, during this game the Wankies sucked in every aspect of the game, pitching, hitting and defense. 

They recorded the lowest team batting average (.188) in MLB playoff history. BARF!!

No, I don’t expect them to win every game (as much as I would like them to) but I do expect them to be competitive and professional. Folks, they were just sleepwalking last night, as they did for most of the ALCS.

As you might expect, the headlines in the local papers have been, justifiably, brutal ...


“YANKS 4 NOTHING - Tigers sweep Bombers out of playoffs.” -  back page of The NY Post.

“BOO HOO! Pathetic Yankees blame fan razzing in Bronx for getting swept.” - front page of The Daily News

I’LL BE BACK - After ALCS ouster, bench-warming A-Rod says he’ll be a Yankee in 2013” - back page of The Daily News

“In Playoffs, the $200 Million Yankees Give Their Poorest Effort” - front page of the New York Times

The Tigers playing in The World Series puts me in a conundrum because I hate Tigers but I also am a 110% American League fan. 

Yes, the season is over and it is time to move on, but I need to barf along the way. Oh well ...

At least now I can schedule entertainment events for the remaining 10 days/nights I had blocked off in my October calendar.

Sooooooooooo ... today is an entertainment doubleheader for Billi Pod ...

 3:00==>LENI RIEFENSTAHL IS GOING TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH - “In 1947, in a French mental ward, notorious Nazi filmmaker Leni Riefenstahl spins a defense of her life and her choices with the help of four young American soldiers.” (staged reading)

This musical is part of the York Theatre’s Developmental Reading Series and I am seeing it thanks to my theater buddy Dian Crystal aka My Lady.

Then for the evening is ... 

8:00==>THE OTHER JOSH COHEN - “A musical about a good guy trying to break a streak of incredibility bad luck as he battles money, heartache and Neil Diamond.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket).

There has been a lot of very favorable buzz about this show and I am looking forward to seeing it.

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.40 miles (or, 13,986 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>585.81

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>493.19

GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: