Friday, October 5, 2012

SILENCE! THE MUSICAL==>Still An A+


TGIF to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

Had a great early dinner yesterday with my theater buddies Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka ??? at our favorite Fallopian ... ooops ... sorry Marty ... I meant Ethiopian restaurant, Meske, located on West 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

We each had our usual fare ... the vegetarian platter, which is tasty, spicy and surprisingly filling. Did a lot of catching up and stuff.

After dinner we split and I did a brief walk and wander session in the Times Square area, with all of the hordes of tourists, and then it was time for my 7:00pm show ...

SILENCE! THE MUSICAL, the parody of “The Silence of the Lambs,” which on my 4th visit still earns an A+. 

It remains as raunchy, campy and profane as advertised, and then some.

The original performers in the roles of Agent Starling and Hannibal Lector have been replaced but I am happy to report that both Pamela Bob and Harry Bouvy do excellent jobs.

The virtually full-house was roaring from beginning to end. I mean, as I have posted before, what’s not to like in a show that has Hannibal Lector singing the following wistful ballad as he thinks about Agent Starling ... PROFANITY ALERT! PROFANITY ALERT! DO NOT READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU ARE PRUDISH AND/OR OVERLY SENSITIVE ....

“If I Could Smell Her Cunt.”

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the vast hinterlands, that is the correct title of the ballad and it pretty much reflects the theme of the show.

As I posted earlier, this was my 4-peat and I still highly recommend the show if ... and I mean ... IF ... you are in the mood for some raunchy and profane fun.

As a side note==>before the show began I ran into my old friend Paddy Haugghey.

It had been a long long time since I had seen him and it was great to make contact again.

Paddy==>you look TERRIFIC!!

Moving on to today ...

This morning I met up with John Scott Reed aka Fabson for breakfast at a hole-in-the-wall diner named Johny’s (yeah, that’s the correct spelling) Luncheonette at 124 W. 25th Street.

When I got there and looked into this small counter-only place my first thought was ... WTF? ... why does Fabson want to eat here? Well, now I  know why==>the food is excellent, it is relatively cheap and the service is good. If you are in the area and need a quick no-frills bite, check it out.

Fabson and I had some much needed/wanted face time and catching up. Man, he has a lot of very interesting things and stuff going on in his life.

Still moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is ...

8:00==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall, featuring pianist Emanuel Ax

The program is: 
Bach’s Keyboard Concerto in D minor;
Schoenberg’s Piano Concerto; and,
Mozart’s Symphony No. 36, Linz
(subscription series ticket exchange)

When the concert is over I will walk back to the apartment. 

Moving on to the sports arena ...

Tonight at 8:30pm is the Baltimore/Texas wild-card game. The winner will then face The Yankees on Sunday to begin the 5-game American League Division Series. The season is over for the loser. I will be pulling for The Orioles.

Yesterday the Boston FuckSox fired Manager Bobby Valentine after only one season in that fetid cesspool known as Fenway Park. Man, what a surprise==>NOT!!

Valentine led the FuckSox to their worst season since 1965 as his tenure was marked with confrontations with his coaching staff and key players. He will not be missed by the so-called Red Sox Nation.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is time to post this and then have a great walk and wander session. The weather is awesome in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Oh, Billi Pod is approaching the halfway mark on his 1,079 mile adventure/challenge==>539.50 miles. Will reach it sometime in the coming week. Stay tuned.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.57  miles (or, 12,191 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>503.63

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>575.37

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: