Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Address My Hearing Loss Issue


Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers and followers. I am sorry for the lateness of this posting but sometimes other things have to take precedence.

What am I talking about you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, it actually is pretty simple ... or maybe simple isn’t the operative word ... or maybe ... f**k ... I don’t know ... what about my life is ever “simple” ... anyway ...

This morning at 11:00am I had my scheduled appointment with Dr. Rose DuLude, a clinical audiologist, who was recommended to me by my cardiologist Dr. Fred Feuerbach. Her office is located in the Upper Eastside.

Well, as I had expected, the series of tests she administered confirmed that I have serious hearing loss in both ears. Following a consultation session we agreed that the only way to address this issue was through a hearing device(s).

Long story short, I opted for a state-of-the-art “invisible” device for each ear.

Expensive? Yes! Covered by insurance? NO!! But, I knew this going in.

The order has been placed and it will take about a week for the devices to be made. I will, of course, return to Dr. DuLude’s office for the fitting and training session.

I was really impressed with Dr. DuLude’s persona. She exudes the feeling that she really cares and I felt very very comfortable with her as she guided me through the difficult steps and decisions I had to make.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, including my family, after many years of total denial I have finally addressed this “issue.”

When I got back to PHC, however, I found myself in no mood to write on this blog and it wasn’t helped that the weather had taken a turn for the worse. After about an hour of basically walking around the apartment sucking his thumb, Billi Pod realized that he had an obligation to his loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the hinterlands, boondocks and wilderness ... so ... here we are ...

Moving on ...

Last night was an excellent time out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, as we kicked FUCKSOX butt by winning 10-2

The Bronx Bomber bats exploded in the 2nd inning as we scored 9 runs on 4 home runs, including a 2-run blast from Mark Teixeira, who was returning to the lineup for the first time since August 27th. This pretty much took care of the game. There was a feeling of joy throughout the stadium.

We got an excellent outing from our ace CC Sabathia.

The Orioles lost to The Rays, so we now lead the AL East by 1-game.

Tonight, for the second game of the 3-game final series, it will be rookie David Phelps (4-4) vs. Jon Lester (9-14) for the lowly FuckSox.

The weather may be a factor because at 3:45pm it is nasty and lightly raining.

Tonight’s entertainment event for Billi Pod is ...

7:30==>NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program is:

Musorgsky - “Night on Bald Mountain;” Prokofiev - Piano Concerto No. 3; and, Rimsky-Korsakov - “Scheherazade.”

This is the first concert of my 3-series season subscriptions and I am really looking forward to it.

When the concert is over I will walk back to PHC, weather permitting, while listening to the final innings of the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game on my ancient Walkman.

So, everyone, there you have it ... sorry for being so late ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.36  miles (or, 11,715 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>486.65 

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>592.35

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: