Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday==>Billi Pod Is Alive And Well!!

Good afternoon everyone out there in the vast hinterlands.


Thanks for all of the emails, texts, calls and posts==>yes, Billi Pod is OK. No, I didn’t have a stroke, or get abducted by aliens, or anything as dramatic as that. Bottom-line ... there was soooooo much going on in my life for the past several days that I just couldn’t find the time and/or energy to make a timely posting to this blog.


Yes ... I was almost overwhelmed.


Yes, yes ... I know ... I know ... I recognize my obligations to you loyal and faithful readers to keep you up-to-date on my comings and goings in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and Billi Pod takes that responsibility seriously, but ... sometimes ... gasp ... even he can’t make Billi Pod sit down in front of his awesome iMac and prepare a timely blog ... so ...


My Bad!! Sorry!! Please forgive me!!


To understand what I mean ... I last posted on Tuesday morning and since that time the following has occurred ...


My grandson Alex is now deployed overseas. He left Ft. Hood at 5:00am CDT on Thursday. Billi Pod was awake and up when he lifted off.


I know a lot more details but I really don’t feel comfortable posting them on the internet, for obvious reasons.


This has been an emotionally draining experience for everyone ... family ... friends ... everyone ...


And ... an earthquake is felt in NYC


And ... the Yankees lose 2 consecutive games to a woeful Oakland team. Billi Pod is at each game.


And ... CC Sabathia, Bartolo Colon and Phil Hughes all have basically sucked.


And ... I had a successful “finger-up-the-butt” appointment, with a new doctor, but for unfathomable reasons the whole process, door-to-door, took almost 5 1/2 hours. PSA 1.5, DRE “everything OK.” Whew!!


And ... yesterday ... the final Oakland game is rain-delayed 90 minutes, the Yankees fall behind 1-7, then bats exploded. We lead 16-7 going into the top of the 8th on grand slams from Cano & Martin. Billi Pod leaves the stadium because he has a show ... then Granderson hits a grand slam, making it 3 for the game, a Major League record. But ... Billi Pod didn’t get to see it ... dammit ... The Yanks win 22-9.


And ... it seriously appears as if Hurricane Irene is going to hit the metropolitan New York area on Sunday. Billi Pod knows what to do and what to stock, so he will be prepared.


Oh ... and ... to add to all of the above, I have had to deal with a credit card fraud issue with one of my major cards, unfortunately, the one I use for almost all of my online payments and stuff.


So, as you loyal and faithful readers can see ... lotta stuff is/was going on in Billi Pod’s world ...

Since the last posting Billi Pod went to one show, on Thursday night ...


8:00==>COMPLETENESS - “How does a computer scientist hook up with a molecular biologist? He blinds her with science, of course.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket).


This show is playing in a theater on my block and Billi Pod’s report card is==>A<==very funny, well written and well acted. See it if you can.


The Yankees are in Baltimore for a 5 game series, which includes a makeup game doubleheader on Saturday. Of course, Irene is gonna cause havoc to this schedule. Tonight AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi is on the mound. Well, at least Billi Pod ain’t there in person ...


Tonight’s entertainment event is ...


8:00==>HERMAN KLINE’S MIDLIFE CRISIS - “A prominent New York City doctor, struggling with the tedium of career and marriage, discovers a bag of narcotics on a patient's body.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


This show has gotten mixed reviews. It is playing at a theater on my block.


Just a few thoughts on Irene ... people here don’t really know what they may be in for ... they think that they are just gonna have rain and gusts in the 40-50s ... rather than sustained winds in the 75-90 mph range. Unless you have been through it, as I have been many times growing up in Florida, there is no way you can describe what a sustained wind of that magnitude can do.


The mass transit system in the city is going to be closed-down sometime on Saturday.


I have batteries, nonperishable food (lots of crackers and peanut butter) and water. All my electronic gizmos will be charged.


My main concern is a sustained power outage because I have learned that this building does not have a generator, meaning ... no elevators and no water ...


Hopefully Irene will remain offshore etc etc etc.


OK, my loyal and faithful readers ... I got things I still need to do ... so ...


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: