Monday, August 15, 2011

Alex & Gina and Billi Pod’s 2011 Horoscope


What a great way to begin the week. My oldest grandson, Alex aka Army Guy, and his beautiful wife, Gina, had a wonderful time together over the weekend at Little Gasparilla Island in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.


Thanks, Alex and Gina, for sharing the picture with me and for giving me permission to share it with my loyal and faithful readers.


Alex is headed back to Ft. Hood, TX, tonight and then ... well ... you know ...


So ... love, hugs and kisses to the three of you. Granddaddy.


As for Billi Pod, here in The Big Apple, in every way possible yesterday sucked. Rain ... more rain ... rain ... more rain ...


My game was rained out, of course. Thankfully, just minutes before I headed out to Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, I received an email from a buddy advising me that the game had been postponed. Whew, that was close.


The remainder of the day/evening was==>rain ... more rain ... more rain ...


At 7:00pm Billi Pod concluded that it was just too nasty to go way downtown for his Fringe Festival show. Why? Well, first of all it was still raining and secondly, he is familiar with the small theater and there is no lobby or waiting area, meaning ... everyone would be standing in the rain until 15 minutes before show-time. Also, it is a rather long walk from the nearest subway station. Nope, not worth it, so he just ate the $9.00 ticket, figuratively speaking, of course.


So the rest of the evening was ... rain ... more rain ... and more rain. Blah and barf!!


Today is the usual errands and stuff day and I am happy to report that there is no rain, thus far, although it is cloudy and kinda gloomy out.

Today’s entertainment event is ...


5:15==>THE LADY DRUG DEALER AND THE HEIST - “In this surreal comedy, three incompetent dudes snorted all the coke they were supposed to sell. Now the lady drug dealer wants her money. Their solution? Rob a bank.” (Fringe Festival - $9.00 TDF ticket).


When the show is over I will probably come back to PHC and watch the 8:05 YANKEES/KANSAS CITY game with AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi on the mound for The Bronx Bombers.


In closing I want to share something with those of you otherwise loyal and faithful readers who have been somewhat critical, lately, of my sense of humor and of my obsession with settling scores with those who have offended Billi Pod, either intentionally or unintentionally.


Folks, it ain’t my fault. I have no choice. It is written in the stars as you can plainly see from my horoscope that was in The Onion (one of Billi Pod’s main sources of information) on my birthday on April 23rd ... and this horoscope is for the year ...


TAURUS (Apr. 20 - May 28) - “Your crude and primitive sense of humor will offend lots of people, but just wait until they get a look at your crude and primitive sense of justice.”

The Onion - April 23, 2011


Not Guilty!! I rest my case.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: