Monday, August 22, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>YEAST NATION Is Great!!

Good morning everyone out there in the vast hinterlands.


I hope that all of my Worker Bee friends had a great weekend. Now==>back to work guys & gals! You gotta keep increasing our Gross National Product.


It is a beautiful morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Sunny with azure blue skies with just a few fluffy clouds.


Yes, and today is Billi Pod’s usual errands and stuff day, but ... first ...


Let’s start with Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday’s Fringe Festival show (remember the grading system: G for Good; B for Bad: and ? for “I have no f**king clue”) ...


YEAST NATION==>G<==as in good, make that “great.” Fun. Very well performed. A rock-opera. Roaring sold-out house. Hope it has an Off-Broadway life sometime/somewhere.


As you will recall, the show is by the creators of the surprise Broadway hit “Urinetown.” It is by far the best thing I saw during the festival. It was also my last show.


When the show was over Billi Pod walked part of the way back to PHC while listening to the YANKEE/MINNESOTA TWINS game on his trusty but now ancient Walkman.


The Yankees got another stellar performance from Ivan Nova, winning 3-0. A-Rod was back in the lineup but he went 0-5. The Bronx Bombers were 5 & 2 on this road-trip. Nice!


They have a day-off today and then on Tuesday begin a short 3-game home stand against Oakland.


Speaking of the Yankees==>as soon as I post this brief (hold the f**king applause, dammit, don’t make me come out there and bitch-slap you) posting I will head out to the stadium to get a replacement ticket for one of the rain out games.


Also, early in the season there was a game played in freezing weather and management awarded all ticket-holders to that game a free ticket to another game. Will see what, if anything, is still available for that option. My gut tells me==>not much.

I have no entertainment event scheduled for tonight, so unless something shows up on my ticket services when I get back from the stadium I will definitely catch a movie ... probably the Jessie Eisenberg comedy 30 MINUTES OR LESS.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: