Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Billi Pod Blogs Is Now More Upbeat & Positive.

Good morning to everyone out there in cyberspace.


I begin with a response to some rather snarky emails, posts and texts suggesting that the tone of Billi Pod Blogs has become too “negative.”


Of course I don’t agree, but in order to seem more upbeat, I will share with you loyal and faithful readers the following, which was copied from the FaceBook Wall of my friend Mallory Martin, formally of Lakeland, FL, now of Daejeon, South Korea:

**********************

2yrs ... "mommy, I love you."

12yrs ... "mom, whatever."

16yrs ... "mom is sooooo annoying."

18yrs ... "mom, I want to leave this place!”

25yrs ... "mom, you were right."

30yrs ... "I want to go to my mom’s house."

50yrs ... "I don't want to lose my mom."

70yrs ... "I would give up everything for my mom to be here with me."

Moral==>A mother is irreplaceable.

*********************

Thanks Mallory.


Actually there is a lot of truth in the above, isn’t there?


Do you all feel more upbeat? Good. Billi Pod has done his job as a fair and unbiased reporter. So, you can take your snarkiness and shove it ... ooooops ... sorry ... ain’t gonna go there ...


Now, on to other things ... like ...


Yesterday was just an errands and stuff day. Didn’t do anything entertainment-wise. Just chilled. Please don’t tell Mayor Mike, because he might send The Entertainment Police after me.


Billi Pod is back in his entertainment rhythm because tonight’s scheduled event is ...

7:05==>YANKEES vs. LOS ANGELES ANGELS @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, with who else but AJ Burnett aka Loser Boi on the mound. OMFG! Why me??


Loser Boi gave the following unbelievable quote:


“I know it’s my job and I know I get paid a lot of money, but I have to enjoy it. I have to find a way to have fun.”


Listen up butt-hole, we are the one’s paying big bucks to “have fun”==>your f**king job is to win games.


Sadly, Girardi has bitten the bullet and removed Jorge Posada from his designated hitter (DH) role and assigned him to the bench where he will be used sparingly as a pinch hitter. Jorge’s batting average is a meager .230. It’s sad that his stellar career as part of the “Core Four” is ending like this. In retrospect, he probably should have hung it up at the beginning of the season like Andy Pettitte did.


It is a nice day out so Billi Pod is gonna post this and then head downtown for some walk-and-wander time.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: